Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: internal energy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    is internal energy real? if it is real can anyone tell me how to control and cultivate it?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, go to the front page. There's an entire section on it. Look at the poll if its still there. Ya fucking newb

heh,

Welcome to Bullshido.

Go away I'm talking to myself

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well does anyone know how to cultivate internal energy. Are there any exersizes to cultivate it

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK. i understand now. i just wanted more info on the subject.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    okay, do a ton of swimming, and endurance training. Take something mental so you have more self-control and more able to tell your body what to do, not give in to pain. Well.. endurance training has that effect anyway

Thats the only realistic way do describe "internal energy", in my opinion at least.

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My internal energy is low at the moment.
    I Need Coffee.
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've read endless book and interviews, etc about building "chi". And it's all made me realize one thing.... whether or not it's real doesn't matter much. According to the chi believers, chi is manifested in the body, and produces and is affected by the body's strength. Stronger bodies naturally have more chi. So to build your chi, you just need to improve your bodily fitness (strength, stamina and flexibility are the 3 benchmarks). Chi is used to to ANY body movement, and strengthened therein..

--A poor band player I was, but now I am crocodile king. --
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    chinese martial arts usually have qigong exercises for cultivating chi. usually chinese internal MA put more emphasis on it. i believe in chi, but there's a lot of nonsense, fraud, and cultish behavior surrounding it so buyer beware. i do not believe aikido has qigong exercises as they are understood in CMA but i've never practiced it so i don't really know.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    aikido has a couple of excercises that are similar to qigung, but as far as I know, they're not done to cultivate ki/chi, just to train the body to move in a certain way. Learning taiji and qigung made a big difference in the effectiveness of my aikido, but I believe it has more to do with learning proper rooting and body movement than qi/chi
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think that training to move in a certain way is the point of qigong when applied to martial arts. i think health and other chi-related benefits are a separate issue altogether.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last