7/10/2003 10:13am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no, actually

i just want to know why you think i am a novice. please be explicit

Guns....the fifth range
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Shock'n Y'all

Posted On:
    7/10/2003 10:36am

supporting member
     Style: Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "We don't chamber or re-chamber. If you re-chamber someone can follow the kick right in and then you'd be chambered but in clinch range."

this is just one example of your novice like foolishness.

hey may be your not a novice, may be you study at a real , and i mean real shitty school.

"When attacked insult, and insult to kill"

RAAAAAAR! Fear the Tiger!

Posted On:
    7/10/2003 10:41am

supporting member
     Style: Karate/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jamoke has a bit of a point (I can't believe I'm saying this)...depending on the situation, I think many of you are taking a TOTALLY defensive/reactive approach to self defense.

First, let's deal with the "sudden attack". Look, if someone jumps me from behind, or has a weapon and surprises me, I'm probably fucked. Simple as that. No training is going to save you from a guy slashing your neck from behind (carotid arteries) or jumping on your back and cranking your neck around 360. Should you be aware of your surroundings? Yes. But that's pureply psychological. You can't train that by being spontaneously 'attacked' in the dojo or wherever. Blackbelts used to do that to me and I used to laugh at them. What am I going to do, REALLY break your arm or smash your nose in?

Short of that, any other type of SD probably has a precursor to it. Trashtalk, whatever. Give them a chance to break it off, or try to break it off yourself (apologize, whatever). But recognize that there is a psychology to most confrontations, and they are a matter of escalation by degrees. One person makes a comment, another trashtalks, then another spits or pushes, the other pushes back, etc. etc. etc. If we start down that path, and it looks like withdrawal isn't likely, I'm not going to mess around with the middle steps. Jump a few in the escalation process and be done with it.

Now I recognize that the U.S. is a bit different than here in Canada, but either way the concept of "assault" and "self defense" are not entirely physical. Assault begins with INTENT. If someone gets a warning from me and doesn't back down, then the process of escalation has begun and intent is apparent. I'm simply acting to neutralize that intent. Can I kill the person? Obviously not. But it is defensible in court (should it ever get there) that you acted to defend against an assault. You don't know if that man has a weapon or not.

That's how I see it, my 2 cents. I've never been in legal trouble and I don't generally streetfight, but this is an issue I've discussed extensively with people who have dealt with both, and this is the mindset I've come to be comfortable with.

Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"Good is the enemy of Great" - T-shirt seen on Queen Street, Toronto
    Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
    One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
    Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Shock'n Y'all

Posted On:
    7/10/2003 10:42am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cyrijl, please- i have no tolerance for jackass martial artists, and in my opinion thats what you are. but i suppose i really cant blame you for your ignorance for the following reasons.

1. you live in mansfield, which is a HICK town. I used to live at the millhaus thats how i know this for a fact. (just for one year)

2. you have never been in a real fight.

3. you study from people who have never been in a real fight.

4. your not even book smart.

do yourself a favor, if your interested i can give you a good contact name in Boston on Newbury Street.

Shock'n Y'all

Posted On:
    7/10/2003 10:45am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    another words beg someone not to kick your ass because your a fukking ***** and couldn't fight you way out of a paper bay, Amir?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/10/2003 10:47am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i don't see where we disagree CT.

Jamoke...you're right...i was thinking of something else when you were saying chambering. I forgot we also have defense push kicks and offensive kicks which require chambering before the kick...the chambering after the kick is not NECESSARY...meaning, there are times when you kick and move forward. In this case you don't want to chamber because it slows down the advancing. If you have more constructive advice, i will listen. I am open and not always correct.

Guns....the fifth range

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/10/2003 10:48am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    who's on newbury street?

Guns....the fifth range

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/10/2003 10:50am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    actually i don't live in mansifled anymore...just to lazy

i have not been in a 'real' fight for a while...i don't go looking for them

as far as who i study from one of them is a corrections officer in a max security prison and the others you can find at www.kravmaga-southend.com

i have two master's from a high ranking private college. one in philosohpy the other in linguistics

Guns....the fifth range

Shock'n Y'all

Posted On:
    7/10/2003 10:54am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you fukking prikk, thats it. are you fukking soft.. i am sick and tired of fukking bozo's like you coming on here thinking you know what the fukk your doing.. well you dont.. you would be slaughtered if you were ever forced to throw a kick to save you useless life.

you amaze me you jackass puke!

ITS NOT REQUIRED HEY!!!

i am bullshit at this point and i'm not fukking kidding...

YOU throw a font kick or side kick at me without returning to chamber before you move forward and i'll put you into such a fukking split that your balls will crush on the ground you walked on.

and your fukking hip flexures and groin muscles and your hip will be gone as well...

do me a favor, by your self a nice pair of tennis shoes, and dont ever get into a fight, because you will without a doubt get your ass kicked from here to ISREAL where your kravy comes from and back again.

asshole!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/10/2003 11:02am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    whatever...i tried to be polite.
    I asked you the name of the school on newbury street. I only found one school in the yellow pages.

you need to calm down.

Guns....the fifth range
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast