Our Sponsors:

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2003 1:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why carry a weapon at all if you are not going to use it. If you let someone get that close to when you are on a job or in a position where you need to carry weapons then you are a fool and you deserve to get shot.

Giving the attacker control of your weapon is foolish also, giving him some control over it while you retrieve your backup would be the most intelligent thing to do in that situation. Why give him the chance to hit you with the rifle after you have relinquished it to him. Why take the chance that he can turn that gun around before you get your backup out?

Why even spend your time training for these kind of situations? I would rather spend time training on how NOT to get into that situation (in this case training to fire a rifle- since anyone who advances at someone who is bearing down on them with a rifle is mad and needs to be shot anyway).

The attacker should have taken the other guy down before he tried to take the rifle away, and he should have acted right away after he got the weapon; either taking the chance to turn the gun around or using the butt of it to smash his opponents face in.

The atackee should have gone along with the flow when he was forced down, keeping possesion of his gun, and trying to use the momentum to get away, or buy time for him to grab his pistol while he still has control over the rifle.

Me, i would have shot the atacker before he got within three feet of me.

Titan

Posted On:
    9/04/2003 6:07am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >Why even spend your time training for these kind of situations? I would rather spend time training on how NOT to get into that situation (in this case training to fire a rifle- since anyone who advances at someone who is bearing down on them with a rifle is mad and needs to be shot anyway).

100% correct.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    "Oh you bastard, I fucking hate pikeys!" - Georgeous George
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2003 12:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Arjun,

If you'll read all of page 5 you'll see my posts on kungretard's challenge. One other reason such a scenerio could happen would be the rifle is empty and the shooter is transitioning to his sidearm. But, the primary function of the thread was a comparison of the overall usefullness of a single point sling vs a 3 point sling.

If you were a narc or swat agent you might spend a little time training for such occasions. Busting into a home could make for some interesting events.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2003 12:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, kungretard, are you going to answer the thread title question or not?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2003 1:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Forget it....he's just a loser wannabee MA who doesn't know how to fight.
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617