Sponsored Links Spacer Image

X

Posted On:
    7/12/2003 7:29am

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dr. Sven-Olof Kvarneberg is a 10th dan black belt and the Grandmaster of Commando-Ryu Combat Ninjitsu. Based on the traditional Ninjitsu, but adapted for today’s world, Dr. Kvarneberg founded Commando-Ryu Combat Ninjitsu (Ryu just means ‘style’ in Chinese, and is used in respect for the tradition) in July 11, 2001, opening schools in Stockholm and Goteborg in Sweden, as well as one in Addis Abeba in Ethiopia.

Like many other recognized western ninja masters, such as Sifu Rick Tew, Dr. Kvarneberg soon found out that traditional combat methods were not suitable for the rough streets of today’s Sweden, despite what the traditionalist ninjitsu practicioners in India (where the art originates) and other Asian countries say. He then decided to adapt them for the modern student, and also recognized that people do not anymore have the time to study for several years or take part in rigorous classes several times every week. He then created the method he calls H.U.R.T.S. (tm), short for Humane Unarmed Revenge / True Selfdefence, aimed for teaching realistic self-defence skills in the least amount of time possible. H.U.R.T.S. (tm) videotapes are available from Warrior Enterprises International (tm), for $299.90 for the beginner’s course (3 VHS tapes), and $499.90 for the advanced course (2 VHS tapes).

Dr. Sven-Olof Kvarneberg is the undefeated full-contact champion of both Greenland and Iceland, and also a recognized author, philosopher, painter, fisher, and opera singer.

Dr. Kvarneberg is the official hand-to-hand combat instructor of the Swiss Navy and the Royal Maltese Air Force. He also teaches street combat skills to the police forces of Linkoby and Norrhattan in Sweden.

Dr. Kvarneberg is a certified instructor in the martial arts of Karate, Judo, Kendo, Tai Kwan Do, Yin Yang Doe, Ninjitsu (Dux Ryu and Tew Ryu, as well as several traditional schools such as Bodoki Ryu and Senso Ryu), Quing Wong Shaolin Chuan-Fa, Zujitsu, Savate, Capoeira, Kas-Pin, Sambo, Refi A’rah Ehsee, and Swedish Martial Arts. In 1999 Dr. Kvarneberg traveled to the Nauru islands to study the traditional warrior art Khsih P’ui A’aai, or ‘Great Barracuda Way’ in English, under Dr. Mopo Muapua, the only recognized teacher or the style alive today. In 2000, Dr. Kvarneberg was recognized as the official successor of the style, and continues to teach traditional Khsih P’ui A’aai in addition to his own style.

Dr. Kvarneberg’s autobigraphy ‘The Man and the Legend’ is available from Oak Hall Press, and a film version is currently under negotiations with 21th Century Fox.

Among Dr. Kvarneberg’s interests are homeopathy, Rudolf Steiner’s education methods, and traditional Swedish medicines.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/12/2003 7:56am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dr. Kvarneberg soon found out that traditional combat methods were not suitable for the rough streets of today’s Sweden
    This is a good indication that you can't fight for ****.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2003 12:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so lll you found the humorous vein of ninjas! any shaolin ones?? hwarang?? western knights?? native american arts?? zulu arts?? there out there, if you can find them ill grant you the secret to ''real ultimate power!!'

Posted On:
    7/12/2003 12:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man! Is that a bad article. The guy is soo full of it!

He even messed up with the "ryu" thing. It isnt Chinese it is Japanese. Talk about ignorance.
    HE also thinks that "ninjitsu"riginates in India. This guy really needs to get his martial art history correct and a better education.

"Do what thou wilt is the whole of the Law"
    Ghost of Charles Dickens

Posted On:
    7/12/2003 12:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy shouldnt even mention Rudolf Steiner.

"Do what thou wilt is the whole of the Law"
    Ghost of Charles Dickens

X

Posted On:
    7/12/2003 12:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, ninja master Rick Tew says ninjitsu originated in India, so who is my Sifu, Dr. Kvarneberg, to doubt him!? http://www.ninjitsu.com

The REAL thread killer

Posted On:
    7/12/2003 3:45pm

Style: World 10-3 Ryu Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How can you be a sifu of a Japanese art?

Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!
    "The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time."

-- George Bernard Shaw

X

Posted On:
    7/12/2003 3:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm. By trying to train a bit less in MA & more in getting a sense of humor? Just guessing, though, I'm not sure.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    7/13/2003 2:21pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy MUST be trolling!

It's impossible to pack that much Bullshit into one article and be serious about it.

Yin Yan Doe, 'nuff said! (some of you may know this style by one of its other names, Oom Yung Doe. Didnt Phrost have something to do with this crap? The one where the master claimed to do a flying side kick of an 11 story biulding?))

Taking a break

Posted On:
    7/14/2003 4:24am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WARNING!!!!

HUMOUR IS BEING PERPETRATED.

END WARNING!!!
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast