Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    7/12/2003 11:15pm

supporting member
     Style: JKD Concepts, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Yes, I like to see how you can just randomly pick a career, Hmm lawyer sounds fun I think I'll do that! You can't even form a sentence and you think you can get through law school?"

Well, Carbon....in Judo Kid's defense.....I've met more than a few daft lawyers in my time.

Le Grill?? What the hell is that?!! - Homer Simpson
    "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2003 12:53am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has the U.S Education system finally collapsed? Judo-Kid on his own is proof that Bush and his cabinet need to consider a greater allocation of funding to education, more specifically, literacy, rather than to the military, as all those expensive high-tech goodies don't really function well in the hands of people who don't know how to read.

Judo-Kid, Kensai is right. We, as in the MMA people on Bullshido, don't want you as a spokesperson. There are far more eloquent individuals, such as Vargas, Anthony A, Peedee and Phrost who do the job without degenerating to childish insults.

The MMA community as a whole needs people like you like it needs SARS. I would rather more people like Matt Thornton, capable of explaining the viewpoint of MMAists intelligently and with impressive linguistic command, demonstrating that we are not merely a bunch of idiots who like to beat on each other for fun, the stereotype that has been fostered wholesale among TMAists, but we are also intelligent, rational human beings.

Inasmuch as I may disagree with the viewpoints of various TMAs, I would rather debate the efficacy of different techniques as opposed to dismissing the entire style outright. Why? Because I have seen things that would be considered outright unbelievable by those taking the latter approach. During one of the occasional vale tudo training sessions at my club, one of the guys, a taekwondo red belt fought a kyokushin brown belt. Both kept it standing, and, interestingly, the taekwondo fighter was giving the kyokushin fighter a hard time. Why? Because he had learned in one of the semi-mythical schools that actually trained hard. They do exist. The main difference in efficacy between MMA and TMA, on a fighter-to-fighter basis, is that the percentage of fighters coming out of MMA training that can fight their way out of a wet paper bag is comparatively higher than the percentage coming out of TMA training.

In the time that I have trained, I have never met anyone with as poor a set of argument and rebuttal skills as you obviously seem to possess. It's strange, most of the people I know who grapple seem to be fairly intelligent, friendly people, as opposed to the barely literate, 'I can kick all your asses' type of imbecilic fanboy that seems so prevalent on the
    net.

I conclude:

Go to Sherdog. They'll appreciate you there.

Posted On:
    7/13/2003 1:19am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    7/13/2003 1:58am

Style: MMA-Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you guys really think i care when you insult me. Talk about dumb the fact i can get under so many of your skins on the web thats funny.

Also i dont care what people think of me on this board. It matters not wether you like me or you want me gone. Because i am here to stay, anyways when have i ever been liked on this board. :-D
    Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    7/13/2003 11:08am

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The point is your not getting udner our skins.

None of us are hurt by the rather poor excuse for an arguement you make against TMA's saying that they should be banned or whatever unidealistic method you have in store for them.

The point is, we see that you need help and we are all ready to donate money to provide you with a system that can teach a 16 year old kid how to read.

Does that sound lovely to you?
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2003 7:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Judo Kid loves the attention... he feels special.

"Ya can't play with my YO-YO!!!"

Titan

Posted On:
    7/15/2003 5:11am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Umm, he's unique, don't know about special.

----------------------------------------------------------
    Now imagine your pain is a white ball of healing light, that's right, your pain, the pain itself is a white ball of healing light....... I don't think so!
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516