Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    7/08/2003 10:59am

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LMAO Middle! I was joking around.

Actually if dog jump up at me I probably would try to move around until I can grab both of his arms and pull them out of the sockets. I know it is curel but I am not gonna to let it bite me if I can help it.

It is a rat eat rat world.

"A magical place where I have a freakish large penis and I am also the king of the mushroom people." - by Omen Stone
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

RAAAAAAR! Fear the Tiger!

Posted On:
    7/08/2003 11:47am

supporting member
     Style: Karate/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is going to sound REALLY stupid (I like animals more than I like people)...

But I'd probably let it bite me. Most dogs are not trained to attack, they simply try to intimidate. 99% of a dog's life is authority and respect for the pack heirarchy. Whenever it meets something new, it tries to determine where that new entity sits on the pack order. Unless it seriously felt you were an immediate threat, it was probably only "testing" you. Unless it was a trained combat dog, there would have been no need to break it's neck, pull out it's limbs or otherwise critically maim it.

It's always interesting to see how people react to dogs though. Most of them aren't even big enough or dangerous enough to be a problem, but so many people are just TERRIFIED of them, and as is evident here, many people are at least willing to kill them simply because they "tried" to bite. That's like breaking my arm in 3 places and caving in my skull if I happened to break your nose with a punch.

As with all animals, including humans, dogs have "cues" that they react off of. They are very instinctive. If people simply educated themselves a bit, you'd know it's quite easy to deal with 99.9% of canines out there.

Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"Good is the enemy of Great" - T-shirt seen on Queen Street, Toronto
    Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
    One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
    Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2003 11:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    protect your kneck

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2003 11:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got attacked by a dog once. It was an akida and it was a really mean ************.

It charged me and lept at me and I kicked him soundly in the underbelly (not planned just panicked). Dog ran away after that. No more problems.

---------
    Shut up and train

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2003 12:30pm

Style: Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alot depends on the type of dog, different types have different fighting styles(like a pit bull fights differently then a doberman).

A really big dog(we're talking 100+ lbs) tends to try to knock you down and then go for the bite. An example is a Spanish Mastiff(or thats what the breed is called now). These are from the same breed of dogs that used to fight lions in the arena back in Roman times(2 dogs versus the lion) and tended to win. I've seen some crazy videos of them taking on people, and they will knock you down and maul you.

Next we have what I'll call mid size dogs(looking at the 60 to 100 range). Their tactics really vary in this group. One example is the doberman, which is one of the fastest lungers. They also run faster than any human by a significant margin(grats greyhound blood). You can be 100 feet from your house, it can be 20 feet from you, and you will not reach your house before they get you. If they're trying to warn you, then they'll jump up and put their paws on your shoulders and put their face right in yours or at throat level. If they're being serious they'll just lunge at you, perferring the throat if they want to kill(I'd count myself real lucky if they got my arm). Personally I'd protect my throat any way I could and hope I could grab theirs, as once you have them by it, you're fairly safe. If you expect an encounter with a doberman, rottweiler, or german shepard, then put on a leather jacket(zipped all the way up) as that will provide reasonable protection. Most of the dogs I just mentioned can break the bones in your arm if they bite down as hard as they can on it.

The last category are the small dogs, who normally perfer hit and run, an exception being the pit bull. Whatever the pit bull bites onto breaks. You're not going to get them to let go of it either if they like holding on to it. There are two different types of pit bulls I know of, the fighting pit and the working pit. The working pit could pull your car down the street, the fighting pit doesn't have that much utility strength but has very good tactical sense(for pure instinct as a dog). One of the weirdest things I've ever known about pits relates to a fighting pit bull named Sarah. If Sarah wanted to play fight you she would leap up, grab you at your waist level, and jerk her head to the side, throwing you down to the ground. It attacked your center of balance, and even thou it was a small dog, she had such strength that it just didn't matter, you went down. She did it to state champion wrestlers, black belts in Judo, as well as people who weighed 5 times her weight.

All dogs look for the throat as the killing target, they really don't have another choice. If a dog grabs another target(such as an arm or even a leg) its to pull you down to the ground or otherwise maneuver you where they can get to your throat. Now your run of the mill golden retriever might not let go of the arm even after taking you down, but thats more of a lack of killing nature then them perferring your arm over your neck. If you haven't seriously pissed the dog off(like starting beating the hell out of its master) then you have a reasonable chance to "talk your way out of it". Talk sweetly, calmly, and sincerly to the dog, tell it thats its a good boy. If it works then you're not in a fight, if not then you wasted a breath talking. If a dog sincerly wishes to attack you, then try to protect your throat(and at least one arm if not both) and get its throat(there are other targets like the nose, but they're lower percentage targets on a dog that seriously wants to kill you.)

Most dogs a well trained human is going to be able to beat, some dogs like the Spanish Mastiff, doberman, pit bull and to a lesser extent the rockweiller and the german shepard even a well trained human will have a tough time beating. In those cases improvised weapons are worth it(shirt over the dog's head anyone?)

Wyatt

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2003 12:48pm

Style: Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CrimsonTiger:
    I agree with you on all(including the not killing or maiming) points except one. "Trained attack dogs" is sort of misleading, the training I've seen the police and army do as far as attacking tends to be teaching the dog how to keep someone alive and pinned so they can be captured. Dogs naturally know how to kill, they don't need to be trained in that department, humans tend to be the only ones.

99% of a dog's life is authority and respect for the pack heirarchy. Whenever it meets something new, it tries to determine where that new entity sits on the pack order.
    Sadly you could substitute man for dog in that sentence and it would remind me of alot of guys I know.

Wyatt

Posted On:
    7/08/2003 12:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Use your hands to close the dog's mouth, crocodile hunter style. If you need to hurt the dog, for some reason, spread the legs out to the sides.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    7/08/2003 3:38pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The correct response is supposedly to offer the off hand (your left if you're right handed) and then thumb the eyes or pinch the ear.

I'm with CT, I'd probably let it bite me. And I wouldn't mortally hurt a dog that attacked me. The owner on the other hand, is the one actually responsible.

"Oh ****, it was the other Osiris, The Wastrel." -- patfromlogan
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Ex-ATA and Proud of it.

Posted On:
    7/08/2003 4:19pm

Style: Jeet Kune Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you thumb the eye of pitbull you will be in for a big surprise. They have a sort of floating eye that moves out of the way to prevent damage to the eye if they are bitten by another dog. It is kind of weird. I used to own a pit, and if your finger touched his eye, it kind of moved backwards or sideways easily with only a slight amount of pressure.

Sincerely,

Knowing it is not enough, we must apply.
    Willing is not enough, we must do.

The tax laws are written by men with considerable net worth, and with little understanding of what wage-earners must do to make ends meet.

Edited by - Bolverk on July 08 2003 16:20:50
    Knowing it is not enough, we must apply.
    Willing is not enough, we must do.

Never approach a Bull from the front, a Horse from the rear, or a Fool from any direction!

He who dares not offend cannot be honest. -- Thomas Payne

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    7/08/2003 4:28pm

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey phrost how is your puppies doing?

It is a rat eat rat world.

"A magical place where I have a freakish large penis and I am also the king of the mushroom people." - by Omen Stone
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast