Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2002 11:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok Frankie.

You are funny. You started this post, and labelled it with thumbs down, and were even foolish enough to criticize stepping off the line of attack. What a real moron you must be!

Again Frankie, I must apologize to you because you are always wrong, and you have decided to engage on this topic with someone who is light years ahead of you in terms of understanding and actual experience.

Frankie, and now you are saying FMA has helped you? You are losing your credibiity. Sorry.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2002 11:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This string really has lost its way.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2002 4:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eskrima,
    You got to be the biggest fish in the sea. I thought I would hook a fish, but not the biggest fish in the world. Again, your glasses must be fogged or your keyboard muscles must be sore. Don't call me a moron or I'll tell......... re-read your own posts, Mr. Eskrima (who has never been in a fight but is the number one expert in fighting....... Isn't this like a world champion boxer who has never been in the ring. Have you ever boxed in the ring in competition. I bet you have theories that work.......right.
    Eskrima, you are a girl and I am breaking up with you...........

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2002 12:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Frankie,

Yoy got punked dude. Sorry. You went to swim in the ocean looking to play with fish but instead you encountered a shark, and you got thrashed.

Feel lucky that it was only in chat room where I kicked your ass. Did I made you feel insecure with your skills when I brought this topic to a level you refuse to comprehend? LOL. You felt so insecure that you went ahead and did the classic troll technique of telling me I have not been in fight.

It's okay. Please don't feel bad because you are not the only one who suffers mild retardation concerning combat.

I'm sure you are a tough guy. You wanna talk boxing? OK moron. You are like Gerorge Foreman. You can fight, but your refusal to accept that brains are also part of the game is your achilles heel. You stepped into the ring with Ali and not only did your ass get knocked out, but you ego as well.

See you around moron! It has been fun!

LOL!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2002 6:07am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LMAO at comments like the ones below:

"It appears that this is your contribution to attempt to discredit an art that has proven itself in actual war and combat time and time again."

"Also, I heard once that the US Army lists Arnis/Escrima/Kali as 'the most deadly martial art'. When I heard that, I thought, "Dude, kick ass!" In a way, makes me more proud to be Filipino (more than lechon ever could)."

Anyways...

Why in the world would anyone in a serious situation prefer a disarm over taking out/neutralizing the bad guy?

It's great that people have such faith in their art, but let's keep in mind that the 'best' in their field generally consider disarms to be unreliable. This is not to say that disarms should not be taught, but they are not truly practical, even when attempted by experts. Substitute the stick for the blade and the odds of accomplishing a disarm are even lower.

Further, as pointed out by another poster, disarms are usually practiced under unrealistic conditions. Someone who knows how to use his stick or blade (I'm not even talking about 'mastery') isn't going to be caught in a truly "zero pressure" situation. If you practice disarms in an unrealistic fashion, you deserve to get your wrists or fingers busted/cut. The fact is that full speed disarms are accidents that rely on being at the right place, at the right time, when your opponent makes the right mistake. Unless you're psychic or your opponent is predictable, it isn't going to happen, except by chance.

In that spirit, I leave this quote:
    "...In order for a disarm to work, somebody up there [points upwards] has to like you..." - Maitre Robert Paturel

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2002 11:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sheo, better watch it, Eskrima may want to put a THEORY whipping on you!!! I bet he isn't Pinoy, just some guy trying to be.....
    If he is a Pinoy, he is mostlikely a girl.
    And he thinks he beat me up in a chat room....wow, he is a silly girl or what...oww...aww..oooo, don't hurt me with your fingers on the delete key please......

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2002 10:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "...In order for a disarm to work, somebody up there [points upwards] has to like you..." - Maitre Robert Paturel

LOL. You better believe it. When you got skills like me....somebody up there definitely looks out for me.

Yo Frankie....LOL!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234