Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    8/19/2003 8:30am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Agreed Noah, that is why we have a site like this and a section of history like we do. Please feel free to plug more KM information whenever you can. Unfortunately many people have since watered it down to make the almighty dollar. As a result, people in this country are looking at KM was another fly by night joke.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/19/2003 8:43pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's brought up a lot of memories

My late grandfather was part of a youth group in Western Australia in the mid-to-late forties, that was intending to go and fight in Israel, but were eventually disbanded through the interference of a neighbourhood asshole who informed the authorities of what they were doing.

Anyhow, a few months before he passed away, he verbally went through some of the stuff he did with me, as he had mentioned some stick techniques, and I had expressed an interest after seeing the Black Belt article on kapap. I showed him a Dog brothers clip, which, unlike most of my pacifist family, he got a real kick out of, especially a sequence where one guy pulls off a near-perfect mounted armbar, which he said he had learned.

The mention of the cane techniques really spurred my memory. Just out of curiosity, does anybody know whether some of kapap's cane techniques were targeted at the ankles, shins and knees?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2003 8:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi in kapap
    the targets were:top of head, side of head, chin, side of body
    shin or side of lower leg.
    these were the basic targets found in all the manuals i have found from the forties.
    the walking stick targets are not much different.
    the major dofference between the two is that the kapap short stick was for hitting hard whereas the walking stick was fro flicking motions that would cut with the edge.
    if a slightly thiker stick was used the strikes were a little more solid.
    in the walking stick practice hand injuries were common in contrast to the head injuries of the short stick.
    could you perhaps provide me with further detail as to when and where this group orgenized who trained them and in what?
    thanks,
    Naoh.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123