Posted On:
    7/03/2003 11:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Girl chained to furniture for 3 years

July 3, 2003

A MALAYSIAN judge has sentenced a martial arts instructor to three years in prison for keeping his teenage daughter chained to furniture to prevent her from leaving the house, local media reported.

Che Mustapha Che Jusoh, 46, pleaded guilty to the offence at the Magistrate's Court in Bachok district, 470 km north of the capital Kuala Lumpur, national news agency Bernama reported. Acting on a tip-off last October, police found Che Mustapha's 15-year-old daughter chained to furniture in the family's living room. She had been locked up for two weeks, police said. It was not immediately clear why Che Mustapha wanted his daughter to remain at home.

Judge Mohamed Sabri Ismail reproached Che Mustapha for treating his daughter like a "domesticated animal," saying his actions could emotionally scar her, Bernama reported.

AAP

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,6693849%255E13762,00.html

Edited by - kungfoolss on July 03 2003 11:51:58
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    7/03/2003 11:53am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man who chained daughter jailed

Azran Aziz

BACHOK, July 2: The magistrate’s court today sentenced a silat instructor to three years’ jail after he pleaded guilty to physically abusing his 15-year-old daughter.

Magistrate Mohd Sabri Ismail also fined Che Mustapha Che Jusoh, 46, of Kampung Tualang in Salak, Bekelam RM10,000 or 10 months' jail. Che Mustapha admitted having tied his daughter with a steel chain at an unnumbered house in the village at 10am on Oct 8 last year. He was charged under section 31(1)(a) of the Child Protection Act 2001. Che Mustapha was not represented while Assistant Superintendent Abdul Rahim Daud prosecuted. In his judgment, Sabri said what Che Mustapha did was inhumane. "The incident could result in the victim suffering emotionally. As a father, Che Mustapha should have showered love on his daughter instead of treating her like livestock." In presenting the facts of the case, Rahim said the headmaster of a school suspected something amiss when the girl was absent for a few days.

He later found that she was chained and alerted a welfare officer, who in turn lodged a police report. "Policemen who went to the house found the girl chained up," he said, Che Mustapha was not at home at that time but his wife was in the living room. "Police instructed the woman to unlock the chain," he said, adding that the victim had been chained for two weeks. Rahim also told the court that Che Mustapha had a previous conviction and had been sentenced to six months' jail by the Kuala Lumpur magistrate's court for possessing stolen items.

In mitigation, Che Mustapha said his intention was to educate his daughter.

http://www.emedia.com.my/Current_News/NST/Thursday/National/20030703070601/Article/
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Posted On:
    7/07/2003 7:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where is silat mentioned?

"Do what thou wilt is the whole of the Law"
    Ghost of Charles Dickens

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2003 8:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    in the first line, yo

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    7/08/2003 2:23am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where is silat mentioned?
    First line, second article.

Posted On:
    7/08/2003 5:58pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks

Ghost of Charles Dickens

Posted On:
    7/08/2003 6:00pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm just too dam tire and lazy to read these couple of days.

Ghost of Charles Dickens