• Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2002 8:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I heard of the UFC on Fox Sports Net, and a few days ago rented a few UFC tapes. Let me just say that this stuff is absolutely incredible. I've also heard a few rumors that FoxSportsNet will be replacing its boxing programming with more UFC programming. Is there any validity to this? Please say UFC will be on cable television every week! That would just make my day.

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    8/27/2002 9:37pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh how wonderful it would be! It would gain more acceptance this way, make money for people, which would give it better marketing and respect..

And reduce the number of odd looks that "Mixed martial arts" or "Jiu jutsu" gives me when I speak them aloud. I found the best ways to describe the latter as "an advanced form of wrestling; a wrestling martial art"... if people watch this they'll understand what I mean! They also could start to differentiate between UFC and WWE... that really makes me annoyed.

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."
  3. 9chambers

Posted On:
    8/28/2002 12:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I watched K1 on there tonight. McDonald won and "Mr. Perfect" won the super fight.
  4. 9chambers

Posted On:
    8/28/2002 12:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wait .. that was ESPN2

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/28/2002 7:04pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just explain it like I do Nihil:

"I train for full contact cage fighting."

That usually replaces the dumb stares with dropped jaws.

Of course, it's not necessarily in a cage, but most people have seen something along those lines in a movie or on TV, so they'll get it quicker than "Mixed Martial Arts" which sounds to the average idiot like you're studying Karate Fu Do because of a Chuck Norris flick you saw when you were 8.

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    8/28/2002 7:41pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Admin: right on!

Though... just JJ right now, but I found a place near me that I can train for Muay Thai/BJJ that has students there compete... 30-1 (IIRC) is their record combined! It seems no-nonsence, effective, and judging by the pics on the site they bring their kids there too, so its not just some fight club. I am kinda self-teaching Muay Thai to myself before I can go there (transportation is an issue), and I'm on my HS soccer team so I can get endurance traning.

Oh 9chambers - did ya see that accidental groin shot? OW.

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."
  7. 9chambers

Posted On:
    8/29/2002 2:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yea, McDonald seemed really upset that he did that - because he would get docked - not as upset as the other guy who fell on his face though.

McDonald has REALLY good kicks. I was turning channels and he is what made me stop.

>> One should know real emptiness as the state where there is no obscurity and the clouds of confusion have cleared away. - Miyamoto Musashi 1645