Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. 9chambers

Posted On:
    7/03/2003 8:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it will bring a lot of attention to MMA and that is a good thing no matter what happens .. unless he bites some guy's arm off and MMA gets banned from America.

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    7/03/2003 11:04pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So... its either "secret" and reeks of a kung-fu movie, or just made up.

I doubt I'd learn it anyway, I'm white as hell. Supposedly, only blacks in prison can learn it, from what I've heard. That itself makes me think its BS... sure, it exists, people learn it, just not YOU. I'd rather not get convicted just to learn something like that. And the race issue in prison would prevent me from learning it anyway.

And the other thing is - SOMEONE would have gotten out of jail who knew it by now! And, I'm sure at least one person in prision has at one time seen fighting tournaments, like valetudo or whatever, be it before or after they were incarcerated.

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to see something of substance about it. I've just come up with nothing when I searched.

Kempoist - regarding what you said... good hands, low kicks, and stomping? Sounds pretty good, and a lot like what a good fighter would do anyway unless it was 1v1 and you had the option of grappling around, or got on your back and had to fight your way back up.

If it DOES have anti knife/club/gun stuff, and adequate fighting while in bondage of some type, consider me interested. Though if its so damn bent on staying your feet, it shoudl get some off the ground onto your feet techniques - or just crosstrain.

I do MT/BJJ, and the MT I learned started off with boxing for a week. I already learned some JiuJitsu from a friend before getting into MMA. I'd love to learn some REAL weapon skills, and not just anti-weapon skill either. How to use them...

P.S. - anyone seen that stomp, pivot, backkick-stomp and spin around thing Chuteboxe guys do? I LOVE THAT. I just don't know how to train it. Medicine ball? Grappling dummy? Drunk guy passed out?

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2003 1:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And the other thing is - SOMEONE would have gotten out of jail who knew it by now!
    If you learned such a thing, it'd be a rare encounter with a guy doing life in maximum security. You'd probably be on a similar sentence, so it is not totally unusual that nobody has tried to make it truely public.

Besides, if I was taught it I wouldn't tell anybody. I'm sure these guys think the same.

Posted On:
    7/04/2003 5:36am

Style: MMA-Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sounds cool hope mikes up for the challenge.
    Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling

The REAL thread killer

Posted On:
    7/04/2003 7:44am

Style: World 10-3 Ryu Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a rumor right?

I think Tyson would rather fight his way back to pro boxing in the court before he'll take HUGE hit in his wallet and compete in NHB. This sounds fishy.

Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!
    "The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time."

-- George Bernard Shaw

Badness will not be rewarded

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    7/04/2003 8:08am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I seem to remember these being posted here before . . . but anyway.

52 Blocks

More Jailhose Rock

http://www.zanshin-dojo.de

Posted On:
    7/05/2003 9:04am

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ah this is BS :/

"Wrestling is the Martial Art of America";
    "If you don't know how to wrestle you don't know how to fight, that's the prerequisite to fighting" David Tank Abbott
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    7/05/2003 10:15am

Style: Kempo, Catch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >>Kempoist - regarding what you said... good hands, low kicks, and stomping? Sounds pretty good, and a lot like what a good fighter would do anyway unless it was 1v1 and you had the option of grappling around, or got on your back and had to fight your way back up.

If it DOES have anti knife/club/gun stuff, and adequate fighting while in bondage of some type, consider me interested. Though if its so damn bent on staying your feet, it shoudl get some off the ground onto your feet techniques - or just crosstrain. <<

Just going by what I've seen. Take it or leave it.

Administrator

Achievements:
    OverdriveTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsThree Friends3 months registered

Posted On:
    7/05/2003 11:16am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just my 2 cents.

Mike Tyson vs. a grappler has actually been a subject of debate for quite some time. At least since Royce Gracie offered up that challenge a few years back. As someone who has both Boxed and trained in grappling I offer the following. Tyson would need to wait for the shoot and try a one punch knockout. As was stated before...he's probably one of the few who could pull this off. If he fails in that his only other out is if he gets mounted or in the guard, pray his opponent gives him room to get one clean punch in...that's all he'd need. It should be noted that Tyson is not only a superior athlete and boxer...but an astounding physical specimen. He has a tolerance to pain beyond anything I've seen....an animal like ferocity...incredible strength and for his
    size....phenomenal speed. If the grappler was up to par (Coture(sic) or Ortiz come to mind) it would be a hellova fight.

I had the opportunity to speak with the first boxer who fought Tyson after his release from prison for the rape charge(Irish fellow...name escapes me...please forgive me) and he said that Tyson didn't hit as hard as he expected. In fact,
    he said he'd been hit harder in practise sparring. But with Tyson, you are literally barraged with a wall of fists. (his words). I think Tyson was toying with him.

I'm reminded of a NHB contest where Steve Jenum fought a Boxer and ended up wit a broken jaw while he was mounted on the boxer....should tell you something.

Regarding "Jailhouse Rock", or "52 Blocks": It is most certainly very real. It was developed by Militant Blacks in the '60's for use in Prisons and for unarmed defense against Law Enforcement
    officers (lots of gun and club techniques). The current authority is Dennis Newsome (probably one of the nicest guys on the planet) My limited knowledge of the style is this: Highly developed hand strikes and low kicks. Grappling seems to be limited to sweeps and striking a downed opponent (stomping etc.) Students are taught to stay on their feet at all costs (guess going to the ground in a mob environment isn't a good idea). One interesting note....in the seminar I observed there were techniques being taught on how to fight while restrained at the wrists (ie. handcuffed behind the back or front). Before the critics come out of the woodwork it should be noted that this style has survived 40 years and is used in literally life and death situations. If it didn't work something else would have evolved.

"When bare fist meets bare flesh, that is pure Kempo."

-Ed Parker

"Witty quotes mean nothing."

-Voltaire
    Actually that's a dollars worth. We'll put it on your credit.

Go away I'm talking to myself

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    7/05/2003 11:48am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HEY I heard ASHIDA KIM is going to fight MMA!!!!!
    (or is this just some nasty rumor! Hmmmmmm......)

______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!!
    THE TRUE FIST OF THE NORTHSTAR!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast