Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    8/28/2002 7:45pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KungFuDoesWork is an asshole. Everyone pretty much knows that. If you disagree with him or his narrow little mind your a "Kid" with no CONCEPT of the SECRET WAYS that are known to him. He sayas this because for him to come to the realization that the opinions that are in opposition to him make PERFECT sense would be WORLD ENDING.

Start an intelligent convo Superman. Your too busy wraped up in your bullshit world that your TERRIFIED of beliefs that are REAL and CONTRARY to yours.

To answer the Q the longest I've trained at one school is 7 years. The longest student I trained was for almost 4 years.

"Do not become entranced by impractical or useless movements. Do not be categorized as one who "Learns all there is to know about less and less until he ends up learning everything there is to know about nothing." -Ed Parker
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    8/28/2002 11:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Case in point , our freind PeePee here. Whom has not done much except to repeat the same garbage day in and day out. His sole purpose in life, to talk trash and disparage arts which he has no clue about. Your opinions on TMA are worthless. They are based on propaganda and on the worst examples available. Even if you were in a bad school, thats just your tough luck.

"Everyone?" I don't think so.
    To my recollection, I haven't actually gotten into a thread here of any relative importance. So far its been a flame fest with you at the head with your napalm thrower in hand. What have you actually said here that isn't the product of accepted propaganda? Regergitaed over and over again , with the heading "everybody knows" like you're friggin hulk hogan or something. Without any other study.
    What do you know about my beliefs? What do you know about my world? The answer is ZIP. If anyone here is wrapped up my friend, its you. You assume too much. What opinions are in opposition to me? Enlighten Me? In reality, all you have are bits and peices that fit your comfort zone.

Oh, and most of you are kids to me. Most of you have been at this only a handfull of years.

Guys like you always suffer the same fate, they believe thier own BS, they act like the cock of walk and then they piss off the wrong guys on the worst day. God help you when you do. Go ahead, You keep beliveing all TMA and TCMA people are weak, you keep believeing that none of us can fight. But the day it happens to you, just remember that I told you so.

McDojo, is it what you do or is it what you think?

Edited by - kungfudoeswork on August 28 2002 23:56:03
    I am the biggest fucking wanker on the internet - Proven fact.

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    8/29/2002 1:25am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never said that "None of you" could fight. I just said that your an asshole. Thats a pretty strong argument too. You come across like nobody here has anything that could POSSIBLY be worthy of your holy attention. Several times you mention that you cant get anything from this group. Then why do you come here? Because you like to feel superior to someone? Ok then. I'll give you a little REASON to feel superior to me-immaturity. Like this:

SUCK MY ASS BITCH.

Is that good enough you pompous slime? I could give LESS than a **** about your world. And who the HELL are you to tell anyone what arts they can critique and what arts they cannot? Its people like YOU that convince the friggin public that martial arts are some incredibly secret CULT. You dont have to train very long to understand the arts. A punch is a punch and a kick is a kick. Forever and ever amen. It doesnt take 10 years of study to learn how to kick a man in the nuts my friend. Or bind his wrist a certain way. It MIGHT take that long to learn the EXACT foot positioning of some thousand year old pattern but mastering THAT will get you nothing but a pat on the back from your own hand. YOUR pissed because it HAS taken you YEARS to master some ancient pattern and instead of the recognition you expected you recieved only weird looks. Welcome to the real world son.

"Do not become entranced by impractical or useless movements. Do not be categorized as one who "Learns all there is to know about less and less until he ends up learning everything there is to know about nothing." -Ed Parker
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!
  4. 9chambers

Posted On:
    8/29/2002 3:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like I said .. some people learn fast .. other people learn slow. Some people love this stuff and train at home after they leave the dojo and late at night in their room. You see them kicking trees in a park or their front yard (me) as you drive by .. other people go home and watch TV. Some people are naturals and other people are awkward.

When I was in high school and Jr. High I could train 5 hours a day because I didn't have a job or a car. I'd come home, grab a snack and ride my bike to my friend's house and we would spar until it was dark. I'd put that five years up against any 20 in a standard 6 hour a week dojo.

After that I trained for 11 years on a mission to explore and learn the essence and detailed workings of every martial art I could. I wrestled, I joined clubs, I took classes, exchanged ideas, read books and took classes. I found s vsriety of teachers and students and partners. I studied the human body. I experimented and made my own moves and innovations. I guess I made my own JKD. Then for 4 years I trained lightly because of school and work but I also did research. I have trained for 20 years. In that time I have been in fights, I have sparred in all kinds of ways with all kinds of people and I've grown up a lot. I'm never afraid but never rude. I don't have a rank and I am not famous. I don't care. I am just myself.

I refuse to believe I am the only one like this. I realize that a lot of people couldn't be though - they may lack creativity, natural ability or intelligence. Those guys might train 40 years and get nowhere.

You can put all your stock in the kwoon you grew up in and that is fine - but don't claim that training longer = better. Its your commitment that counts. Its your dedication.

>> One should know real emptiness as the state where there is no obscurity and the clouds of confusion have cleared away. - Miyamoto Musashi 1645
  5. 9chambers

Posted On:
    8/29/2002 3:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way, it was the Tao of JKD that inspired me to go beyond my first martial art. Thanks Bruce for being ecclectic, curious and loud. :)

I went out for wrestling with my leg in a cast because I wanted to learn. I trained hard and got to compete later on that year. My coach was an Olympic alternate and he taught us some really cool stuff. I was hungry. Be hungry - not arrogant and stuck-up about your style and rank.

>> One should know real emptiness as the state where there is no obscurity and the clouds of confusion have cleared away. - Miyamoto Musashi 1645

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    8/29/2002 4:25am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    rattle on caveman,

Such my ass, bitch. It that the best you can do? Is that the great knowledge you posess?

You're still clueless. You still don't have the foggiest notion beyond your rhetoric.

Truth is you come off to me as a little minded guy trying despersately to make martial arts his place of empowerment. Blah blah blah, spewing out trash to make yourself seem like somebody. I've met tons of people like you. Mostly insignificant except for that one thing you cling to that somehow fills the void. Without it you would be slight and invisible. It seems everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as YOU are right. Ugh, pissant.

Heres some thing you may understand.

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    8/29/2002 4:27am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW, answer my questions.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    9/01/2002 12:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Back on topic,

The longest I spent under one teacher is 10yrs. It wasn't always face to face. Since We moved alot It was hard to say under someone for a long time. Usually I would find other teachers who came up with an instructor if I could. I ended up traveling to train more than anything else.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2002 6:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I practice Korindo Aikido for around 12 years by now. With the same teacher and intend to stay with him for a long time yet. I still have a lot to learn from him and with him in Korindo Aikido and M.A. in general.
    I have done some Karate with the same teacher, but only for an year or so (then I was enlisted to the army).

In the last 2-3 years I started TKD as well, with another teacher. The teacher is integrating both sport TKD and self defense (he has some experience working as security for the courts). I find TKD to complement my Korindo Aikido (we rarely kick in Aikido and it is difficult to practice good defense against kicks, even if it does exist, unless you are used to being kicked at).
    I enjoy getting the different views on M.A. each of my teachers have.

I plan to take some Judo (mostly for the ground grappling) probably with my main teacher, and probably some WC (I found a great teacher). I just hope I can find the time for it all. Even today I find it quite difficult. And my relationship with my current gf are tightening, a great thing, but less time for M.A.
    Amir

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2002 2:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "rattle on caveman,

Such my ass, bitch. It that the best you can do? Is that the great knowledge you posess?
    You're still clueless. You still don't have the foggiest notion beyond your rhetoric.
    Truth is you come off to me as a little minded guy trying despersately to make martial arts his place of empowerment. Blah blah blah, spewing out trash to make yourself seem like somebody. I've met tons of people like you. Mostly insignificant except for that one thing you cling to that somehow fills the void. Without it you would be slight and invisible. It seems everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as YOU are right. Ugh, pissant.
    Heres some thing you may understand."
    -kungfudoeswork

KungFuDoesWork , SHUT THE **** UP! 9chambers is the kind of person who inspires people to expand MA's, and then you just go and put him down. Your just some fucking 13 year old fat pimply pansy ass BITCH who researches MA on the net and posts here between your everquest game sessions.

Migos heteroasexually challaged (everyone all the time)

Edited by - lui kang on September 02 2002 14:52:39
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast