• Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2002 10:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hook, I don't know you, and I don't want to disrespect you. But I think this is in poor taste, even if it were 100% true.

It's no one's business how anyone else chooses to mourn their dead. I can't believe that anyone would fault the Gracies for not turning a loved one's death into a public service announcement. I also can't believe anyone would post a rumor of a drug overdose if they weren't 100% sure, but I guess the Enquirer does it all the time, so there is precedent.

I think it's bush league. That's about as melodramatic as I want to get.

Posted On:
    8/27/2002 10:41am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, it wasn't done in bad faith or any spirit of disprespect. I think everyone knows that we respect the Gracie family immensely.

The rumor was presented exactly as such, without any intent to state it as if it were absolute fact.

If someone provides information that's relevant to the discussion here, then we will post it.

Unfortunately, the nature of living in the limelight is such that your life will be scrutinized. However, it's really the intentions of the journalists that are doing the scrutinizing that matter in the long run.

I don't believe there are any malicious intentions here, just a desire to provide information to the community.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/27/2002 10:42am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ,MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SDriver

Hey man I respect your opinion and I do have a great deal of respect for the Gracies. I just feel that the MMA world had a right to know that Rockson might have died under diffrent circumstances.

They didn't have to say that he died in a motorcycle accident if that was not the case. Which I do not know the case, and I admit that that. I ran this idea by the admin before I wrote the topic and asked them if they thought it would be okay.

Again I am sorry that I have upset you but I did not just make this up out of thin air. I will in the future however try and be more respectful to the thoughts of others.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2002 11:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I stand by what I said, but my panties have been successfully de-bunched.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2002 11:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah, bad taste IMO.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2002 12:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hook,

Big assumption, but I respect your balls.

Lets see a picture of you and see what all of this "Lovely" talk is about.

Posted On:
    8/27/2002 12:42pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can see a pic of her leg (after a tree fell on it) in the Pictures section.

We've actually gotten a storm of email about the article, and normally that would not be a concern. However, we had to honor one particular request to remove it, which I won't go into.

I was personally unaware that the Gracie family had requested this subject be left alone, and while Hook's intentions were completely honorable, we decided to pull the article and replaced it with her newest article, a profile of Helio.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/27/2002 3:44pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ,MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would like to apoligize to any forum member or any member of the MA world for that matter for rehashing a tragic death of a Gracie family member.

And to any family of Rockson I would like to send you a personal apoligy. I am sorry that I have brought up any allegations about the way that he passed.

I would like to further add that Rockson had a bright and promising future not only with GJJ but with his life. From what I have read and heard he was a remarkable man that should be remembered for what he accomplished not for the way that he died.

I am sorry,
    Hook
    Meredith

Edited by - hook on August 27 2002 15:49:41