Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/02/2003 9:01am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HAPK03...the level two test is in order to begin level three...it was muich harder than the first one, but i think it was the environmental factors (heat/humidity)

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    7/02/2003 11:04am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    aren't there different aikido organizations that are more combat-oriented? anyone have info on that?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/02/2003 11:14am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    there are more combat orientated styles of most arts...i don't 'hate' aikido....but the schools I have seen are a lot less strenuous then my krav class....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2003 11:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think you can judge an Art but just a few schools. Aikido is a flowing Art and I think thats where the misunderstandings come in. Anyone on this board that would fight Steven Seagal. No rules, anything goes. I mean no rules not like Pride or UFC No Rules. I wouldn't. Their are plenty of guys like him to. Master Moses POwell TJJ stylist no body here wants to fight him either... Just my humble opinion.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    7/02/2003 3:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Steven Segal licks pig nuts, I would fight him.

Posted On:
    7/02/2003 3:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's like most other arts, it is all about what your instructor is like, and the personalities of your training partners. The only aikido i have witnessed is mad gay. They come in after us, then complain that we made the mats sweaty (none of them ever break a sweat, they display the weird cultish behaviour that is most hated by this site. Also, they seem to think it is weird that we don't treat our coaches like golden gods and...shock horror... call them by their first names. To cap it all they are stunted midgets with glasses or geeks who have clearly never had a girlfriend. This wouldn't annoy me so much if they didn't walk around telling young wqomen that, with the easy techniques aikido teach they will be safe on the street. total bullshido. also those trousers are totally queer!!! One of the guys at ur cub tried aikido and it was the fact that it was being sold as combat training and not a spiritual persuit that pissed him off about it.

Posted On:
    7/02/2003 3:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that said, my coaches brother does aikido and successfully disarmed and broke the arm of a knife weilding mugger. Though he is 19st. appologies for the typos

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2003 3:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i checked out an akido class once, the stuff they were doing was hilarious, and after class they had a "special treat". It was one of their students hula dancing. lol

Edited by - sanshou2 on July 02 2003 16:03:04

Posted On:
    7/02/2003 4:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i would like to watch that ichokeyou, would you strangle him with his greasy ponytail?

Taking a break

Posted On:
    7/02/2003 5:33pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aikido comes in many flavours. In the area I live (Northwest england) most aikido clubs are part of the Lancashire Aikikai association.
    Their flavour is like 2 week old milk. they're bloody awful. There are a few talented people in the organisation, but not many, and they get drowned out by the static that is all the mediocre to sub par instructors and their students.
    the organisation my club used to belong to is starting to go the same way, which is why my instructor quit.
    Aikido needs a seriously large dose of realism injected into it to make it worthwhile, but few practictioners are prepared to take the leap.

If anyone gets of there arses and organises the UK mcthrowdown in London, I'll show you what I mean.
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast