Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2003 11:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cheng, basically there's no way to avoid muscle loss as you age and do less work out. The thing is, if you manage to keep up working out to maintain physical health and only burn the amount of calories you consume you should maintain your exact body proportions. Of course as you age your body stops functioning the way it was designed so you have to modify your diet/workout regimen.

To answer your question, yesI do take creatine regularly, I've been training to be a pro fighter so it's part of my life. I do however cycle it so that my body doesn't "get used" to it and it lose some effectiveness as your body does with all things you put in it. Anyway, if I quit cld turkey, in two months, provided I maintained my diet and exercise regimen the way it is, nothing will happen at all. I'll maintain the muscle and that'll be it.

Actually creatine has been around longer than you think in the body building world. I forget how long exactly, though it wasn't popular becaus of the availability of steroids. So I haven't seen anyone come out and claim any problems of it. As for the sprinters, it make sense that they'd be slower at first since their bodies don't account for the extra weight. Once the cycle is done or the body is used to it, they should become more explosive because of the extra muscle.

As far FoM, I'm talking about 3/4 of the total mass gain you get will stay provided it was used as it's supposed to be and the diet and training follow suit. This is of course after done with the cycle approx, 3/4 of the extra mass is accounted for as muscle. I've seen this on a regular basis with the people I lift with, so it's not a confined case. As for the gain with not using it? I'm a hardgainer, in fact until about to years ago I was never about 5% bodyfat ever and I weight 180 pounds at 6'3. I two years I've managed to put on 50 pounds and I'm never above 10% bf. I force myself to get to 10% to make sure my joints and ligaments don't get messed up btw. Anyway I could never put on muscle before I really got serious about supplements.

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    6/30/2003 12:40am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you've moved from 180lbs to 215 with 5% bodyfat (or 230 with 10% bodyfat) then I take my hat off to you.

Thats better than me or 99.5% of the population could ever do.

--------
    El Guapo says, ""You can buy muscles, but you can't buy COJONES!"
    --------
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/30/2003 12:40am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First of all Demon slayer, and realize I'm not calling you a liar, I'm saying your facts may be off, but I doubt if you're at truly 5% body fat. Even professional body builders have a hard time maintaining that low of a body fat percentage for more than a few days. 7 to 8 percent is considered cut. Some people use various methods to calculate this percentage but you have to take a full body comp test to truly get your facts. That being said your advice about andro is pretty right on.

Seconed, what I was trying to say Kitten is that there are many types of weight gain. I've fought in higher weight classes just by taking creatine and lots of water until my body balanced out. Are your goals just to be big, do you want clean muscle mass, are you going to be competing. I try to advize guys very carefully to reconsider gaining weight for the wrong reasons.

I'm sitting at 195 from 220. My original fighting weight was 165. I gained weight to compete with some of the big boys. My body started doing funny things after I broke 200. I didn't gain weight correctly. I've decided I'll do better at the lower weights so I'm cutting. According to my tests I should be able to safely get down to 175 solid weight. Or for competitions go from 180 to 170 no problem.

Besides that I would pay close atttention to what Demon Slayer has to say as it is pretty close to fact. (remember there's alway arguing factions.)

Go away I'm talking to myself

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2003 3:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The water that creatine sends into the muscles is not intended for the size increase but rather the ability to do more in your workout with less fatigue due to the fact that the lactic acid cannot build up as quickly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2003 8:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Do you have a reason you can't squats and/or deadlifts ?"

mainly that I don't know how. (i.e. correct posture and form) I don't like doing anything when I don't know EXACTLY what is right and wrong, lest I **** myself up.

Ok I'll cut back on the weights and I'll cut out my solo cardio completely for awhile. I guess I'll try and cut back on the MA for the rest of summer too. I'm not sure I can up my calorie intake with food alone. I eat A LOT. But I can get some MetRX bars and stuff like that to munch on through out the day.

Anything else I need to be doing?

Omega mainly I want more muscle for MA competition. As I've said on here before, I'm thinking about competing in some amatuer MMA events, and when I roll with the roid heads in practice I get sick of trying to out finesse their retard strength. Also come fall when I start competing with my university judo team again I'd like to be at the high end of my weight class (198 pounds). My last tournament was in the same weight class and I weighed 182 and boy did that fucking SUCK. I can hold my own striking against bigger guys no problem, but I can't throw em for ****.
    So basically I don't really care about how the muscle looks and I don't care about how big it is. I really just want to gain mass and strength so I don't feel like a rag doll on the mat. I need to get a pic and post it on here cuz it SOUNDS like I'm pretty big, but you'll never believe I'm 6'1" and 190 when you see me. I look pretty damn thin. I guess I am just pretty dense.

---------
    Shut up and train

Edited by - fisting kittens on June 30 2003 08:58:07

Posted On:
    6/30/2003 9:53am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Creatine is pointless.
    Andro is known to be dangerous - its illegal in Australia. That should tell you something."

Dude have you ever USED creatine?
    Andro apparently doesn't work.

www.brinkzone.com is good for NHB information on bodybuilding stuff.

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    http://www.fightauthority.com/
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    6/30/2003 10:08am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    " I know it seems like I'm training too much, but its summer and I pack it in while I can."
    i'm worried you are not giving yourself enough time to rest with a sched like yours

http://www.animalpak.com/cf/dieting/archives/gainingweight.html
    good read imo

"Anyway I could never put on muscle before I really got serious about supplements."
    hmmmmm, supplements are SUPPLEMENTS to your diet, which is the most important central thing

FK-Start doing squats. My weight gain has jumped when I started doing those.

"I need to get a pic and post it on here cuz it SOUNDS like I'm pretty big, but you'll never believe I'm 6'1" and 190 when you see me. I look pretty damn thin. I guess I am just pretty dense."
    damn you big guys!!!!!

I was 134 (!!!) at my low point at the beginning of the year. I weighed in yesterday at 163 lbs!!!!! like 29 lbs! in 6 month! i love it!
    hahahahhahaa! btw i'm 6 feet tall
    so don't you guys talk about not looking big!

my target weight is 180-185 lbs so a total of 50lbs growth this year.....so far so slow
    :)

i have done weightgainers, protein and creatine

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    http://www.fightauthority.com/
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/30/2003 11:12am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Do you have a reason you can't squats and/or deadlifts ?"

mainly that I don't know how. (i.e. correct posture and form) I don't like doing anything when I don't know EXACTLY what is right and wrong, lest I **** myself up.

Ok I'll cut back on the weights and I'll cut out my solo cardio completely for awhile. I guess I'll try and cut back on the MA for the rest of summer too. I'm not sure I can up my calorie intake with food alone. I eat A LOT. But I can get some MetRX bars and stuff like that to munch on through out the day.

Anything else I need to be doing?

Omega mainly I want more muscle for MA competition. As I've said on here before, I'm thinking about competing in some amatuer MMA events, and when I roll with the roid heads in practice I get sick of trying to out finesse their retard strength. Also come fall when I start competing with my university judo team again I'd like to be at the high end of my weight class (198 pounds). My last tournament was in the same weight class and I weighed 182 and boy did that fucking SUCK. I can hold my own striking against bigger guys no problem, but I can't throw em for ****.
    So basically I don't really care about how the muscle looks and I don't care about how big it is. I really just want to gain mass and strength so I don't feel like a rag doll on the mat. I need to get a pic and post it on here cuz it SOUNDS like I'm pretty big, but you'll never believe I'm 6'1" and 190 when you see me. I look pretty damn thin. I guess I am just pretty dense.
    You see, this is why I'm asking this.

Okay first of all if you can't throw worth **** the heavy guys you've got to make a decision.

First throwing isn't all about muscle. It helps but maybe you need to reinvent your game on this one.

Second. Take a body composition test and find out how much weight you can loose. If you're strong at a higher weight class you can be stronger at a lower one ie. Randy Couture. You need to calculate water and fat weight and time for you to loose it.

Third, if you gain weight remember you're going to lose endurance. Try this, work out with just your self 1 day a mediocre work out. The next day try adding 15 lbs with the same work out. You don't think its the same? You're right. With added muscle it would put more of a strain on your heart. If you gained 15 lbs you would have to take about 1 year off just for conditioning purposes.

In conclusion it would take you a year and a half to properly prepare your body for a higher weight class. If it were possible it would only take you 3 months to move down in weight class. If you fluctuate between 188 and 192 I believe you could fight in the under 180 weight class and you'd be stronger for it. This is my best advice for you. As for weight gain and muscle training, I said it before, listen to dragon slayer it is pretty sound advice.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2003 12:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm at 5% right now b/c I just got done with a cutting fase Omega, I had a little over a month of a low carb and increased protein diet. I walk around at about 10% bf usually at around 230 pounds and I'm cut. I'll be back up soon. I always take a slow cut phase and slow bulk phase. I don't plan on bulking anymore, just maintenance now. I've been working on being a pro fighter which is why I practice cutting so I can make weight classes and such. Also realize I'm a hardgainer so it's hard for me to keep fat on and even muscle some times too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2003 12:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh and FoM thank you very much. It's possible but you have to work your ass off and be dedicated 365 days a year. During those last 2 years I didn't break evern during the holidays, now I've reached my goal and I give myself breaks to keep my sanity and because I've reached my goals!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast