Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. 9chambers

Posted On:
    8/30/2002 7:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think I read somewhere that Keith is working with out 2004 Olympic pankration team now or something.

I'd be very interested in looking at the forms and giving you my opinions ~ and discussing them ~ but I obviously couldn't read the breakdowns since I'm not even Chinese. :P

My e-mail address is on my profile. As for getting partners to try the techniques out on and spar with ~ well, I'm in Indiana so I can't help there.

>> One should know real emptiness as the state where there is no obscurity and the clouds of confusion have cleared away. - Miyamoto Musashi 1645

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2002 12:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think I read somewhere that Keith is working with out 2004 Olympic pankration team now or something.

reply]
    Working out??? LOL!!! He's the head coach!!!! my girlfreind's (as in Hackney's) Kempo teacher is helping to run th whole thing from an administraightive end as well.

>>I'd be very interested in looking at the forms and giving you my opinions ~ and discussing them ~ but I obviously couldn't read the breakdowns since I'm not even Chinese. :P

Reply]
    I will be putting them up on my site soon. Also, Cyberkwoon has a copy of it in thier member's data base under "Tai Tzu Chang Chuan". It's the same thing as mine, only ordered differently than mine (I think mine are ordered from a book, and you have to understand how Chinese read to get it right),

As for reading it, it's useles if you can't, and it's written in a rare 1000 year old Chinese dialect, so you have to be much more than regular modern Chinese to read it. An archeologist who majored in Chinese linguistics at least. Remember, the Chao family has the wood block carvings that these were originally printed on. They are priceless artifacts, museum peices for sure. There were Ming dynasty "Copies" of them on the market once, and they sold for like $10,000. I can only imagine what the originals were worth if forgeries went for $10,000.

I'm told though that the book "Summary of Boxing" is availiable in modern Chinese in Taiwan, and the original 32 move form is in there as well. I'm waiting for someone to translate it to english for me so I can work out the original set myself.

Edited by - Royal Dragon on August 31 2002 12:26:08
  3. 9chambers

Posted On:
    8/31/2002 12:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was a type o, I meant " ... working with our 2004 Olympic pankration team ..." I didn't know he is the head coach though. That's pretty cool. We've got the "giant killer" coaching our team. Is Jim Arvanitis involded at all - with his Mutu pankration stuff? Does the team have a web page?

Wow .. I'd really like to see the book "Summary of Boxing" too. Maybe they will publish it in English. Do you think they will - I hope you can find a good translator.

I'd like to take a look at the form ~ but I'm not a member of Cyberkwoon. How much is membership?

>> Do not depend on the enemy not coming; depend rather on being ready for him. Do not depend on the enemy not attacking; depend rather on having a positioin that cannot be attacked. - Sun Tzu

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2002 3:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    RD,

You're dating Keith Hackney? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    9/01/2002 12:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL@SDriver!!!

Amir,

Good job. I knew there was a reason I liked you!

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2002 12:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahhh..........no, my girlfriend trains at the same Kempo school he was and she knows him from there.

9chambers, Give me time, I'll have it up on my site soon. Just watch the home page for the new link.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2002 6:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Asia
    Thanks

If you come over to Israel one day
    Give me a call (as well as David)
    You would probably enjoy talking with my sensei (Even my theoretical knowledge pales besides his ...)

Amir
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234