Sponsored Links Spacer Image

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    7/30/2003 1:14am

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I mentioned about a month ago that I was looking around for an MMA school, although you may have noticed that I never gave you the results. And by "noticed", I mean "did not care". Doesn't matter though, 'cause I'm telling the whole lot of you anyway.

After an exhaustive phone book/Internet search, I narrowed my choices down to a possible three schools (out of the five in the state): Factor, which taught the widest variety of arts, Warrior Way, which was within biking distance and had lots of BJJ/Muay Thai classes available, and the Farmington Martial Arts Center, which had a "true" MMA program (basically Vale Tudo). With this knowledge in mind, I began visiting the schools individually, which is where we last left our hero; nervous, and prepared to compromise at any cost.

In the end, though, it turned out that visiting any other schools after Factor would be unnecessary. You see, I discovered that Factor was actually just an offshoot of Warrior Way, and that my membership there would include unlimited access to Warrior Way. Cha-ching. Not only that, but membership through Factor would be 20 dollars cheaper (!) and the classes never overlapped (!!), so I would never have to decide which school I would go to on a given day.

But it gets better. You see, the Vale Tudo program I mentioned earlier wouldn't be packaged in with my deal, which let me down...until, by sheer outstanding coincidence, I realized that the program I had been eyeing JUST MOVED TO WARRIOR WAY. It's a closed-door class, not mentioned anywhere on the website or their school pamphlet, which is why it took me a while to understand just how fucking fortunate I am.

So, in case you're wondering what this adds up to, for $70 a month I can train a potential 4-5 times a day under a variety of different programs and schools. Do I necessarily do it that much? No. I'll go two or three times daily, but the flexiblity is nice when I've gotta work.

I'm sorry if this post is borderline unreadable. I've been working out all day and it's about 2 AM and my damn fool ass ought to get to bed so I can rise for work tomorrow, but at the same time I'm still coming down from the fact that today, ladies and gentlemen, I came THISCLOSE to tapping someone with a couple months' experience on me. Seriously, it was a triangle, and if the bastard hadn't rolled to the side just as I was pulling down on his head, I woulda had him. Oh well. I have to get to bed. I've got another big day ahead of me.

Humans rule. Dolphins can suck it.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

***ned

Posted On:
    7/30/2003 1:39am

supporting member
     Style: i

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shoulda woulda coulda.

~
    danny

"That baby better watch his mouth. I rape kids like him as part of my warm-up for raping teenagers, grown men, and eventually charging rhinos." - Boyd

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/30/2003 4:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well well well, drop me a pm boyd, i think i saw you today and didn't even know it:) you were the kid signing a waiver after the 7-8 bjj class correct?

I vote for Willy as current Fetish King!-dribble

game dog

Posted On:
    7/30/2003 9:59am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool Boyd! Looks like you have found good schools and have enough time to train a lot - congrats. And the next time someone rolls to the side when you're triangling him, roll with him, continue the triangle from mount, and add in a little armbar for fun ;-)
    There are no wrong threats, only wrong answers. (Strategy game truism)

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    7/30/2003 2:14pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boyd: I HATE YOU WITH EVERY FIBRE OF MY SOUL.

Lucky ****.

"Actually, when practiced properly, such and such art causes oceans to rise and cities to fall and the great Pharoh's army to shudder beneath your might." -- Boyd
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Posted On:
    7/30/2003 5:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well well well, drop me a pm boyd, i think i saw you today and didn't even know it:) you were the kid signing a waiver after the 7-8 bjj class correct?
    No, but I was standing right next to him. You didn't happen to be the fellow wearing the Britney Spears t-shirt with the Care Bears ski cap, did you?

Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Posted On:
    7/30/2003 5:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boyd: I HATE YOU WITH EVERY FIBRE OF MY SOUL.
    "Fibre"? Is that how you Canooks spell "fiber"? *haughty chortle*

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    7/30/2003 6:24pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds cool.

What is this stuff about 4-5 times a day ?

Don't you work ?
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

RAAAAAAR! Fear the Tiger!

Posted On:
    7/30/2003 8:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *growls deeply at BOYD as he prepares to bite his bulbous head off his puny little pencil neck*

As matter of fact, it's how many of Her Royal Subjects spell it: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=fibre

Bitch. :P

Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"it always brings a smile to my face to know that there are people who jack off to the idea of being run over by their Dodge" - Boyd 25/07/2003
    Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
    One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
    Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/30/2003 8:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How long are the classes?

4 times a day is pretty hardcore!! I train 5 times a week and thats alot.

Im pretty psyched b/c the last two weeks of august I'll be able to train monday through friday twice a day at no additional cost! My Sifu is awesome!!
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast