Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2003 1:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That Dan swapping thing he is doing makes my head hurt.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/27/2003 2:05pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PizDoff,
    krav has belts, levels, whatever. I mean there's a general ranking system in order to give you an idea where you're at. But we don't wear belts and i've never been given one. A belt in krav is more like "oh, that's where i am". The classes are fluid in that a proficient level one can take level two classes without a test...and so on. It is like BJJ, we have white belts who are white belts for no apparent reason. And the classes are open to all levels. In both Krav and BJJ people tend to rol and spar with people at their level or slightly above. Usually for general rolling the purple belt doesn't jup on the white belt.

Edited by - cyrijl on June 27 2003 14:08:37
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Working my way back to health

Posted On:
    6/27/2003 2:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Injury magnet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jeremy, nice sig ;-)

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    6/27/2003 3:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Trent,

It also seemed that the organization was turning out to be a promote my seminar association. I didn't know he was demanding memberships now. Oh well.

Fighty,

Hey don't knock my 12th dan in Tibetan Gopher Tossing or my 32nd dan of Takeyourdo.

Poet,

Thanks.

Jeremy M. Talbott
    Scourge of Kungfools' joke-based logic, Biggest thorn in his side, and the Preeminent Force in putting dumbasses like him to bed
    http://www.koreanma.homestead.com/index.html
    http://www.martialscience.homestead.com/home.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2003 12:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hold a 4th Dan in Hap Ki Do(Hae Mu Kwan-NHA and KHF). I have never heard of him...But there are MANY, MANY people in Hap Ki Do...Let alone the Martial Arts as a WHOLE. I hope it is NOT a McDojo!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/30/2003 1:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I finally got the chance to talk to my instructor last night about this guy. I probed with one question about how well he knew him and it all came out that basically he didn't know much about him before and now he's convinced he's a fraud and sorry he came.

Posted On:
    7/30/2003 2:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "There is nothing wrong with praying. If you don't like it leave......" what if you're praying to satan uh? UH? hmmmm Piz, I worry about you somtimes...

"If you don't know how to Grapple/Wrestle you don't know how to fight, that's the prerequisite to fighting" - David Tank Abbott.
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/30/2003 2:57pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He was a guest in class yesterday. I was turned off by his Christian prayers at the beginning and end along with including in the ending prayer that any "lost" people should see him or his wife after the session. I may have lost all faith that I don't attend a McDojo.
    **** that ****. That wouldn't sit well with me. Go to church to pray if you need to, but keep that **** out of the kwoon (dojo, gym, or whatever the hell you want to call it).

And that "lost" people comment would have pissed me right off. I would have said something to him about that...and why the **** would your instructor invite some evangelical dude in there anyway?

Seems weird to me. But what the ****???? I'm just a heathen anyway.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/30/2003 3:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "ShoDaiSoke of Sungja-Do system-- Karate for Christ International Shinsei Jujitsu-
    Grandmaster Joseph Lumpkin, 9th degree "

Okay, first off...this is using bastardized Japanese terminology, for a Korean system?
    The Koreans and the Japanese haven't exactly been
    "friends" for the past few centuries...anyone with any knowledge of Asian history would know that, so that's problem 1.

Second, there is no word "shinsei"..period. It's obviously a mix of Shidoshi and Sensei...which mean the same basic thing...but a made up term?

Third, I think this guy's talking and self-praising his "skills" and rank out his ass.
    Such self gratification isn't very "christian" is it?

This guy's a fraud man, let him alone.

ryan
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123