6/26/2003 12:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    THUGS' ATTACK RUINED MY LIFE

BY REBECCA SHERDLEY AND JONATHAN SMART

26 June 2003

A Pensioner battered by two teenage thugs on his own doorstep today said they had "ruined his life". Wilfred Young, 83, told the Post that since the vicious attack by Liam Dore and Craig Oldham he had been too frightened to leave his home. At Nottingham Crown Court on Tuesday, Dore, 16, and Oldham, 19, were both given 18 months' custody after admitting assault and causing criminal damage on March 26. And Judge Dudley Bennett refused to impose an order banning the identification of Dore, backing a Post application that it should be able to name and shame him. The court was told he used a brass kitchen roll holder to beat Mr Young over the head as he grappled with Oldham.

The pair had tried to barge into Mr Young's home in Minerva Street, Bulwell, at 10.45pm after knocking on the window to get him to open the door. But the retired city bus company employee bravely fought them off and somehow managed to summon up the strength to close the door. One of the two then hurled a stone through his window as they fled. Mr Young said: "Before the attack I was as fit as a fiddle. I used to walk everywhere, do my own garden, cook my own meals and help people out whenever I could. Now, I can't do anything for myself. I need other people to do my shopping, pay my bills and even clean my house. "They were heavy blows and the blood was pouring down my face. "Eighteen months doesn't seem like much of a sentence after what they did to me that night. The scars on my head have healed, but it's the ones inside that hurt the most. "This attack has ruined my life." Oldham, of Ravensworth Road and Dore, of Ragdale Road, Bulwell, were arrested after Mr Young's neighbours tipped off police.

Dore had previous convictions for common assault, criminal damage and shoplifting. Oldham was a convicted burglar and also had convictions for drink-driving and driving with no insurance.

Gregor Purcell, prosecuting, said: "It was a motiveless attack. Dore flew at him with a kung fu kick. The victim was absolutely terrified." Mr Young was taken to the Queen's Medical Centre where he was treated for cuts and bruises. He still suffers from blurred vision in his left eye.

Judge Bennett said, in Dore's case, his hands were tied because there was a maximum two-year sentence for a youth appearing in an adult court for such offences. But he said that on settling on 18 months, he had taken into account his age and given him credit for his guilty plea, which spared his victim the ordeal of giving evidence in court. He told Dore he would have imposed a longer sentence had he been older. "It would have been bad enough had this happened to a young person. But to an 83-year-old, it was quite appalling," he added. Nirmal Shant, for Dore, said she could say nothing in mititigation about the offence. However, she said Dore was on a college course to boost his job opportunities. Timothy Palmer, for Oldham, said his client admitted his behaviour that night was "disgusting".

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=66056&command=displayCo ntent&sourceNode=65583&contentPK=6156087
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    6/26/2003 1:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    " Dore flew at him with a kung fu kick. "

Outside of this one statement, where does it say these kids studied kung fu? God you are an idiot!

Jeremy M. Talbott
    Scourge of Kungfools' joke-based logic, Biggest thorn in his side, and the Preeminent Force in putting dumbasses like him to bed
    http://www.koreanma.homestead.com/index.html
    http://www.martialscience.homestead.com/home.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Posted On:
    6/26/2003 2:21pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that one and this ""This attack has ruined my life." "

makes me raise my eyebrows in question

Lawyers will say anything to stretch and bend facts, not unlike KFSS.

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.

www.despair.com
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2003 2:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PizDoff it would've been more of a challenge to fight these to than the 4 yr old at the Pizza Hut. They know "kung fu". Their weakness because they're use to beating up old people is they use "flying kicks" and such. They might still pose a problem to you because there's 2 of em. Unless you leave one of them 2 me. I may not be much help because I'd have to pick myself off of the ground from laughing too much.

Looking at their mug shots they have "Rape Me" written all over it.

"Ya can't play with my YO-YO!!!"

Titan

Posted On:
    6/27/2003 3:31am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hopefully, that would be a fitting punishment.

----------------------------------------------------------
    Space may be the final frontier,
    But it's made in a Hollywood basement.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    6/27/2003 8:33am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "PizDoff it would've been more of a challenge to fight these to than the 4 yr old at the Pizza "They know "kung fu". Their weakness because they're use to beating up old people is they use "flying kicks" and such."

First of all do you take a buttload of drugs prior to your postings buecause what you said made no sense. No where in this story does it say they took kung fu. The only reference was the line that used a generic comparison.

"They might still pose a problem to you because there's 2 of em. Unless you leave one of them 2 me. I may not be much help because I'd have to pick myself off of the ground from laughing too much."

Again...cut down of the drug intake.

Jeremy M. Talbott
    Scourge of Kungfools' joke-based logic, Biggest thorn in his side, and the Preeminent Force in putting dumbasses like him to bed
    http://www.koreanma.homestead.com/index.html
    http://www.martialscience.homestead.com/home.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Titan

Posted On:
    6/27/2003 8:38am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, his last sentance made sense if you change "it" to "them".

----------------------------------------------------------
    Space may be the final frontier,
    But it's made in a Hollywood basement.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Posted On:
    6/27/2003 10:22am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Again...cut down of the drug intake."
    what's wrong with that?

Fatality Dragon does it!

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    http://www.ebaynham.com/
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2003 11:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please stop making references to my use of recreational pharmaceuticals.

"Ya can't play with my YO-YO!!!"