6/25/2003 1:43am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Arrest made in Pompano Beach Farm Store robbery

Sun-Sentinel.com

Posted June 24 2003, 1:10 PM EDT

A fast acting clerk, concerned citizens and an observant Broward Sheriff's Office deputy are credited with the arrest of an armed suspect, minutes after a Pompano Beach Farm Store was held up Monday evening. Here is what BSO Public Information Officer Jim Leljedal said happened during the armed robbery which occurred at about 7 p.m., when a man entered the 1621 South Cypress Road convenience store:

A 24-year-old clerk was manning the store when the suspect, Dean Lucas, 32, entered, flashed a knife tucked in his waistband, started shouting, then went to the cash register and began helping himself to $54 in small bills.

After the robbery, the clerk ran from the store to the American Kempo Karate Institute, located next door, looking for help. Two men there ran outside and saw Lucas entering a white Ford Explorer. They got the tag number and dialed 911. A BSO dispatcher immediately broadcast a BOLO for the vehicle.

BSO Detective Ben Koos, driving an unmarked car, saw the Explorer traveling eastbound on McNab Road and followed it, notifying dispatch along the way. Several marked units caught up with the Explorer and signaled for the suspect to stop, but he ignored them and entered southbound I-95 at Cypress Creek Road. The suspect then exited at Sunrise Boulevard. Traffic was backed up on the exit ramp, so Lucas bailed out of the vehicle and ran on foot. Deputies took him into custody, without incident, under the Sunrise Boulevard overpass.

The store clerk and one of the karate institute witnesses positively identified Lucas as the armed robber. He later gave a statement admitting that he stole the money, which was recovered. Lucas was charged with armed robbery, aggravated fleeing, resisting arrest without violence, and an active warrant for cocaine possession and was booked at BSO's main jail, where he is being held without bond.

Lucas has been arrested six times in the past three years on charges including battery, assault, aggravated assault, burglary, criminal mischief, false imprisonment and grand theft.

News link
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/25/2003 7:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good one

American Kempo improves memory skills. I wonder which branch of American Kempo it was.

"Ya can't play with my YO-YO!!!"

Posted On:
    6/26/2003 1:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I cant remember either. It must be contagious!

"Do what thou wilt is the whole of the Law"
    Ghost of Charles Dickens

Posted On:
    6/26/2003 2:16pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "American Kempo improves memory skills. I wonder which branch of American Kempo it was."
    "I cant remember either. It must be contagious!"
    hahahaha

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.

www.despair.com
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2003 5:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder what else American Kempo is good for?

Teaches you the value of the dollar.

"Ya can't play with my YO-YO!!!"