Sponsored Links Spacer Image

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    6/26/2003 1:38am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "coached track, basketball, tennis etc .. he was also a semi-pro tennis player. I guess that is where his bad knees came from"

Jeez.
    All he'd have to do is add Australian Rules Football to his sports of choice and there'd be nothing left he could do that would be worse for his knees :)

--------
    El Guapo says, ""You can buy muscles, but you can't buy COJONES!"
    --------
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Posted On:
    6/26/2003 11:19am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Good stuff. Drops weight fast (I lost 7 pounds the first week I started doing KB lifting), extremely fast results... Good stuff. I recommend it highly."
    you mean fat weight? if you are losing muscle weight and definition something is wrong...your diet

Anyways,
    once a week i work my legs hard, still slowly getting stronger from crappy knees playing soccer and various soccer injuries

i hate not being able to walk properly after doing many squats, really weird staggering around and tripping on nothing, but it is ALL worth it now my knees are so much stronger

Anyone have that hindu squat and hindu pushup page again? i think i'm missing a few points

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.

www.despair.com
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2003 3:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On Mon, Wed, & Fri. I wake up at 5 AM and jog 6 miles. I eat a meal, start my day
    I lift Tues & Thurs. upper body one day, lower body the next. I end the session wth intervals

"you got a great ass" - Joe Rogan

Posted On:
    6/28/2003 3:22am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I watch an entire pride every day, then view highlight videos for about an hour, and then I finish things off with an INTENSE 45min of Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2003 2:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I run 10-20 miles every morning mon-fri.
    I have a 5 day split of working out.
    Monday Biceps/Triceps
    Tuesday Chest/Abs
    Wednesday Legs
    Thursday Upper Back/Shoulders
    Friday Lower Back

It's a body builder-esque style routine but it works very well. I'm 215 pounds and I just got one cutting and I am at about 5% BF.

Phrost, you mentioned overtrained biceps slow punches, I've noticed that it's your shoulders that slow you down if they're not trained properly as opposed to biceps though it could be diff for everyone.

Posted On:
    6/28/2003 2:41pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thing I do to avoid possible negative training consequences is after a set of any of the punching muscles, I punch. I'll hit the heavy bag, etc, to make sure the muscles "know" why I'm working them.

It's not scientific, but it couldn't hurt.

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    6/28/2003 4:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phrost... I've found its better to do technique stuff when fresh to make sure you do them correctly so you don't train yourself to fight like you're exhausted all the time.

But yeah, working arms after you're winded can help you adjust to when you might have to fight while tired.

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2003 4:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah it's good to actually stretch them out better too. I'd make sure to spend a bit of time practicing form on those days too to make sure you don't become a sloppy puncher.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    6/28/2003 5:07pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mon - Fri:

Morning: Running intervals (as detailed in Bruce Lee's book) to the top of this hill in a park near my house, I estimate about a mile. Once there, I do TaiChi and my Kung Fu forms, then jog back down. Common sense that sprinting downhill is bad for your knees.

Afternoon: Technique/stamina training 1000 kicks, 1000+ punches.

Evening: 2.5 hours of WT class
    Later that evening: Strength training. Basically Matt Furey stuff... back bridges and front bridges, then (my current numbers) 10 handstand pushups, 50 hindu pushups, 100 crunches, 15 pullups, 100 hindu squats.

--A poor band player I was, but now I am crocodile king. --
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2003 7:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should really work on your pull ups, especially if you don't train with free weights, your shoulders and abdominals are the core of punching.

Wanna really test yourself? Run a mile backwards. That'll work your legs 100 times better than straight running one mile. You should interchange to help build cardiovascular health and leg strength
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast