Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/20/2003 11:32am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where did the other one go?

anyways just to bore you with my life, i did a three-on-one against me last night

Grabbed a guy who's been here for a year (i destroyed him last time i sparred with him) and two crappy newbies. Apparently some of our equipment has gone missing so I decided for safety reason to restrict availible tragets on the two newbies. Chest only, but accidents happen. :)

No groin, no throat and gentlemen's rules, whatever they are.

As they can't fight for **** I find keeping angles and only engaging not three of them relatively easy. Didn't help me they were smaller and scared of me. Anyways thanks to Muay Thai for that RH kick, it is damned nasty. It is funny to see guys with chest guards get collapsed by my MT RH kick. I kept back, few engagements with hands and trying to keep my distance.

Highlights-
    -I ate a right hook from the same guy that's been right hooking me for a while. But I stomp kicked him pretty far. MUAHAHHH!!!
    -I toe kicked this guy where the leg connects to the body as he backing up. Somewhere between the outter thigh and inner thigh. He stumbled back for maybe 15 steps before sitting down hard on his ass. This drew some laughs from the people watching.
    -I missed a MT RH kick and swing my left hand in a back fist JUST as this guy ran into it! Staggered him back as well. MUAHHHH!!!!!!

So anyways it wasn't the fight for my life I had hoped for. So either I'll have to get more senior people (most were away) and either get another coupla guys against me. It was pretty fun......everyone should try it!

Piz Doff

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    "I'd rather lie in a pool of sweat, than a pool of blood."
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Ex-ATA and Proud of it.

Posted On:
    6/20/2003 11:53am

Style: Jeet Kune Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like you had a good time.

When you started, where they all on the same side of the ring? I often wondered what the results would be sparring two or three opponents where you would have one start on the opposite side of the ring from the others. You would have to try to get around that one opponent to get your position to keep one opponent between you and the others. An interesting scenario.

Anyway, I did not find the post boring at all. In fact I agree with you, everyone should try it.

Sincerely,

Knowing it is not enough, we must apply.
    Willing is not enough, we must do.
    Knowing it is not enough, we must apply.
    Willing is not enough, we must do.

Never approach a Bull from the front, a Horse from the rear, or a Fool from any direction!

He who dares not offend cannot be honest. -- Thomas Payne
  3. SuperHappyLucky7

Posted On:
    6/20/2003 2:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't wait until Crimson Tiger and I get to double team Pizdoff :)

Muahahaha! :)

btw: Pizdoff check you PM and send me real email, I've got another guy from here interested as well and it will make co-ordinating easier.

Taking a break

Posted On:
    6/20/2003 2:10pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    aikido does a non violent version of it, which is cool in a way. All the attackers are allowed to do is clinch. All the defender can do is throw.
    Personnaly, i'm in favour of a more full blooded level of contact.
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Posted On:
    6/20/2003 4:05pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    crap, 500 lbs of stinky males attacking me

call me as well, Sifu is cool with "challenge" sparring

:)

well.....
    "When you started, where they all on the same side of the ring? "
    i started with them in a box formation, all of us in corners,

"Anyway, I did not find the post boring at all. "
    i meant my life was boring, seriously i found that match kinda boring, those guys sucked way too much

SamHarber-randori i think it's called?

"I can't wait until Crimson Tiger and I get to double team Pizdoff :) "
    I'll be sure to brush my teeth so I don't infect you when I bite your nose off.

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    "I'd rather lie in a pool of sweat, than a pool of blood."
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido
  6. SuperHappyLucky7

Posted On:
    6/20/2003 9:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PizDoff - resend the email - I did not get it in my inbox. I'll send you a PM after this with the address again (in case I mis-typed it).

So what's this "challenge" sparring about? I "pummel" you until you're on the "ground" then your Sifu "jumps me"? :)

Seriously.. I'm not looking to prove something, I'm looking to learn and I was also hoping to have 3 or 4 other guys come along as well so we could have some rotation and such.

Although If I need to kick ya around a little first we could of course arrange that ;)

The REAL thread killer

Posted On:
    6/20/2003 10:38pm

Style: World 10-3 Ryu Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think 3 on 1 sparring gives some valubale insight into fighting multiples in reality. You gas way earlier.

It also shows how difficult it is for 3 people working as a team.

Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!
    "The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time."

-- George Bernard Shaw