Our Sponsors:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2003 8:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Traditional arts are static and do not change. Techniques are performed a certain way becuase that's the way they've been performed in the past."

[repressed lol]

The REAL thread killer

Posted On:
    6/23/2003 9:21pm

Style: World 10-3 Ryu Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Choke: The fact that it is constently tested under full contact conditions and is therefore evolving and constantly adopting new techniques and fighting strategies that are shown ***in practice*** to be effective."

I've heard of other styles adding MT techniques and conditioning to their regiment. Though I don't really see foreign techniques and strategies being intergrated into Muay Thai. Maybe a little more emphisis on throws due to their rivalry with Sanda but Muay Thai seems to stick to their winning formula of heavy conditioning, powerful kicks, knees and elbows from the clinch and solid handwork. They pretty much have all the stand up ranges down.

Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!
    "The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time."

-- George Bernard Shaw

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2003 3:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL, just because his instructor says some **** about meditation we have all these wise asses saying you should 'stay the hell away'. What the **** would it hurt to meditate and avoid injuring ur sparring partners?

Posted On:
    6/24/2003 3:58am

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MT punches can be/are fast.... but generally when you want to hurt somebody your pucnh will be a little slower - be as fats as you want - there's a chance it won't cause any damage.

"Wrestling is the Martial Art of America";
    "If you don't know how to wrestle you don't know how to fight, that's the prerequisite to fighting" David Tank Abbott
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2003 4:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One doesn't rule out the other .. I connected on quite a few fast punches, they did damage. It'just that if you have a 16oz glove on your fist and you're not used to it, it takes away a lot of your punching technique and speed.

I agree though, that my strongest punch is slower, but hits like a hammer :)

Simps

Posted On:
    6/24/2003 8:58am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "PizDof, you must have been confused by the dripping sachasm. I usually post pretty directly."
    i think i understand....

"LOL, just because his instructor says some **** about meditation we have all these wise asses saying you should 'stay the hell away'. What the **** would it hurt to meditate and avoid injuring ur sparring partners?"
    these people are just jumping to conclusions

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    "I'd rather lie in a pool of sweat, than a pool of blood."
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567