Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    2/01/2006 10:35am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jiu-Jitsu, BJJ, Combatives, knife/stick.

Mostly interested in expanding knowledge of JJ, in all of its forms. Combat effectiveness is the priority in my own training, but I have a large interest in the history, theory and developement of MA.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2006 11:44am

Style: Beating Children

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I feel that wrestling way back in high school gave me a feel for my body work which in turn helped strengthen my bjj and judo skills. I still think wrestling has it's advantages, whenever we have a wrestling first start at our club he owns up a few students until they armbar or choke his ass out. Wrestlers tend to leave themselves really open for that kind stuff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2006 11:47am

Style: Beating Children

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As for stand-up skill I have no idea. I need to do more work.
    Last edited by Hatsumauru; 3/18/2006 12:44pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2006 6:10pm

Style: Intergalactic

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boxing . . . great foundation and good for sending bullies packing in middle school. Boxing grew into kickboxing, which led to shootfighting. Shootfighting was a blast and really got me comfortable with being uncomfortable against an opponent (ie - a headlock isn't so scary once you spend a lot of time in a headlock or mounted, etc . . . ).

Took up Kenpo - Tracy's - which has been good on and off depending on the school. I think I've reached the end of the line with Kenpo since my current school isn't big on sparring. In a bad situation, I just assume a boxing stance anyway, so what's the point? I will say, however, that Kenpo's dirty tricks mixed with boxing/kickboxing is IMO good for SD. There's just too many useless techniques that waste time and mean more $$$.

I'll be making a jump to a MMA school in town shortly. They teach Muay Thai and BJJ. I'm really looking forward to some real contact, though I'm sure I'll be owned for quite a while from what I've seen over there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2006 6:14pm

Style: Noobie Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I trained Kyokushin when I was a kid, and I've always thought it was a kick ass style.

Trained in Muay Thai in between Kung Fu. That was fun, but bag work hurts.

ˇViva los Muertos!

Posted On:
    3/18/2006 8:07pm

Style: Boxing/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everyone here knows this is a four year old thread right... it's almost kind of nice looking at how polite everyone was before... but damn... this is a FOUR year old thread...
    A lie gets half-way around the world before the truth has time to get it's pants on. - Winston Churchhill

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 7:51pm

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Boxin' the sweet science!

[
    QUOTE=Hammer Fist]Boxing . . . great foundation and good for sending bullies packing in middle school. Boxing grew into kickboxing, which led to shootfighting. Shootfighting was a blast and really got me comfortable with being uncomfortable against an opponent (ie - a headlock isn't so scary once you spend a lot of time in a headlock or mounted, etc . . . ).

I Know what you mean, I'm a boxer that just recently started in Jiu Jitsu with private lessons with a friend( actualy, I think he needed a big guy to throw around and choke and sit on and basicaly hand me my ass on a plater).
    I'm liking it, but I still like to Box.
    G

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 10:55pm

Style: Wing Chun/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boxing for a year, it was decent but I watched to many kung fu flicks and got drawn to martial arts involving kicks and flips. So I joined muay thai I found out that we don't learn flips, and the fancy kicks they do don't land in real life but still I stuck to it and fucken loved it.

I started getting tired of limping home so I went and searched out a wing chun school (bruce lee was my inspiration for this move) It was great, they had me hooked after sifu had some students demonstrate some ultra fast sticky hands training that was badass. I started missing muay thai though and went back to it, so now I do both.

I still limp home, but now its not just because of kicks to my legs =P
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819