Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    find the link on fightauthority.com

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/story.jsp?story=412968

Kickboxing: Hamilton set to keep WKN Title

By Grant Smyth
    email: sportseditor@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

COMPETITORS from over ten nations, six major titles and a full supporting bill featuring some of the best of Irish talent coming through the ranks.

That's what Kickmania VI will bring to the Ulster Hall tomorrow as the biggest media spotlight ever to focus on Northern Ireland kickboxing blasts our local fighters onto the world stage.

That spotlight is provided by Eurosport, who are broadcasting a live two-hour special across Europe.

And the man they will all be watching is Belfast's Gary Hamilton, who will be laying his WKN featherweight title on the line against world low kick champion Oscar Lara of Spain in the fight of the night.

Also on the bill is Downpatrick Dynamo Gary Noade who is looking to become a two-time world champion at the age of 40 against Dario Teixeira of Portugal and it could provide a big lift for him as he was refused a license to to box professionallyl ring this year by the British Boxing Board of Control.

Another big-name Irish fighter who will be strutting his stuff is ex-world champion Paul Cummins, who squares up to Norway's Daniel Nordas for a low kick world title.

And if you thought that kickboxing was only for the boys then prepare to have your eyes opened when two legends of the ladies' arena in the form of Christine Mourer and Chantal Nadon clash in what should be a titanic battle.

Kickboxing Mania VI is set to top all of the Mania events that have gone before and Eurosport have already been broadcasting the very best of the Kickboxing Mania series as part of the build-up to the main event on June 7.

Tickets are available from the Ulster Hall Tel. +44 (0)28 9032 3900, Billy Murray Promotions Tel. +44 (0)28 9065 1074. Tickets are priced from 10 to 25.

For all the up to date information on the event book mark this page at www.prokick.com or contact Billy Murray Promotions.

"And the man they will all be watching is Belfast's Gary Hamilton, who will be laying his WKN featherweight title on the line against world low kick champion Oscar Lara of Spain in the fight of the night."
    now what is a low kick champion?

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    6/18/2003 7:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    er too long...?

"Wrestling is the Martial Art of America";
    "If you don't know how to wrestle you don't know how to fight, that's the prerequisite to fighting" David Tank Abbott
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Posted On:
    6/19/2003 7:52am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'll show you too long

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    In training to be the superior practitioner.

Only the insane start of with chain punches.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido