Posted On:6/09/2003 10:26pm
Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)
1. This forum is for On-Topic discussion geared toward arriving at a consensus on what are the factual histories of various martial arts.
2. All unrelated, off-topic, divergent, spam, thread-hijacking, etc, posts will be deleted. Don't bother typing all that garbage, it'll just be a wasted effort.
3. All sources should be given as much credit as possible. List URLs where you got the information (if online), or all information on the books/publications in which you've found the information.
4. Personal knowledge and anecdotal experience should be listed as such.
5. State opinion as such.
6. Be mature. This project was started out of a love for the martial arts and with the utmost respect for their true past. Show courtesy to the past by participating in this discussion with respect and integrity.
More to come.
Posted On:6/10/2003 7:31pm
Style: WC, etc.
Just a couple of questions:
1. Can there be more than one thread on a given art, or do we just post our versions of the origins on the same thread?
2. Are we history in only an academic sense, or including technical info, (i.e. different lineages having different methods, etc.)?
Posted On:6/10/2003 7:46pm
Ideally, all discussion on a particular art would be limited to one thread.
Including all information possible as long as it's relevant. If we could also create accurate timelines, martial arts "family trees", etc, that would be excellent.
Posted On:6/11/2003 12:43am
Thanks Phrost. I will get started on some WC stuff right away.
Posted On:6/11/2003 2:17am
Traditional Japanese Martial Arts too?
Posted On:6/11/2003 4:38pm
Style: Aikido and Judo
I'd like to try and cover Aikido and perhaps some Judo stuff too.
Posted On:6/11/2003 5:31pm
You just let pst open up a can of worms. Welcome to the Wing Chun lineage wars.
Posted On:6/12/2003 2:19pm
BSH, there are verifiable bits of WC history, anything blatantly politically motivated should be heavily scrutinized
Posted On:6/12/2003 2:49pm
Exactly. We're used to opening cans of worms here; it's pretty much our job.
You should feel sorry for those worms though.
Posted On:6/13/2003 1:13am
I thought maybe several of the WC/WT people would post regarding WC. It doesn't really have to be alineage war thing. If we go further with these histories in all arts, there is going to be some disagreement anyway.
Articles and Reviews
Tools and Info