Our Sponsors:

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. 9chambers

Posted On:
    8/11/2002 3:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ancient Greek pankration has been researched a lot lately (because of the popularity of MMA) but the evidence that they have for its techniques consists of a few paintings on vases, some sculptures and a few references to its competition in Greek literature.

In 2004 Pankration will be in the Olympics again. There will even be a women's division. Keith Hackney (UFC 1) is involved as a trainer for the official USA team. See this web page:

http://home1.gte.net/neilsaaa/pankration_athlima.htm

Anyway, there is also a guy up in New England named Jim Arvanitis who claims to be the father of modern pankration. He is recognized as an official soke. His web page is here:

http://www.channel1.com/pankration/

I don't think Frank Shamrock studied any of the aforementioned pankration/pancrase stuff. He just mixed up his own batch.

Didn't Kimo claim Ninjutsu as his style though? What about Tank Abbot? I know they say he wrestled a little but c'mon. He's a brawler and a pit fighter. His style is "smother you with my gut and throw hook punches Fu"

my kung fu eeeeeees better than yours!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2002 2:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I study TKD, Wrestling I was taught to by my uncle, Alot of Shaolin I was taught by a friend, Some JKD I studied out of books, and Alot of Karate and Judo From one of my friends.

"The night has come and all you lived for was in the day, but with understanding the night can be a powerfull alley"

Edited by - TKD Boxer on August 11 2002 14:23:17

Edited by - TKD Boxer on August 11 2002 14:25:22
  3. 9chambers

Posted On:
    8/11/2002 6:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I study Kirk-Fu!

That's right. I watched every episode of the old Star Trek series and copied the system Captain Kirk displayed! Its the system of the future. I fight like the human race will fight in the next century.

Some examples of our techniques:

*The double-handed axe chop - be sure to have your fingers interlaced.

*The bend down and let the guy run towards you - then flip him over your back by standing up throw.

*The underhanded double-handed axe chop.

*The vulcan death grip!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2002 1:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Impressive 9 Chambers....Though I'd reccomend watching Space Balls for proper location of Vulcan Death Grips...

BTW, I have a question, why is it that in evey scifi movie featuring lasers, the bad guy always has pink lasers....I mean I'm sure the bad guy isn't bad because he's gay. I believe in equal opportunity evil doing but I highly doubt every villian to ever use a laser was gay....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2002 1:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh one more thing, why does the bad guy never win? I realize it wouldn't be a happy ending but for crying out loud if the Villian was relly that powerful and that much of a threat howcome they ALWAYS go down like bitches....
  6. 9chambers

Posted On:
    8/12/2002 2:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    to answer your questions:

I think the pinkness comes fromt the fluorescent quality in laser light. My theory on this is that the pink is supposed to be red - but being a laser it comes across as pink. Red, as you know, means danger or blood or something to that effect. Evil.

Gayness may be a factor but most likely its just the red thing. But it could be that lasers manufacturers who sell to villains are all gay.

As for the losing all the time. I think maybe its because bad guys are secretly insecure. They are crying out for help. The really want to lose. They want to get caught. They want help. They are just trying to get your attention with their evil schemes, that's all.
    .. or maybe its just so there can be a sequel.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011