Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    7/14/2003 11:08am

Style: Tai Chi & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last Saturday, two MMA promotions were held at the same time within 100 miles of each other: Chad Mason's Saturday Night Fights in Sioux City, IA and Victory's VFC 5 in Council Bluffs, IA. I chose to attend VFC 5 (the veteran forum members probably could have figured that one out) while some friends of mine chose to save money by attending SNF. We got together on Sunday and exchanged details. Here are some differences that we noticed:
    SNF's general admission - $10

VFC's general admission - $20

When the promoter charges twice as much for admission, it seems there's a huge difference in the class of people he will attract. Also, it makes it tough for him to pay out decent purses. Which brings me to the next group of differences:

Fights that broke out in SNF's audience - 6

Fights that broke out in VFC's audience - 0

SNF's card - Pro's fighting bums for a bum

VFC's card - Pro's fighting pro's for a pro

SNF's late stoppages - Too many to count

VFC's late stoppages - 0

Things SNF security guards asked one of my friends on the way to the restroom: "Have you had enough alcohol to fight yet?"

Things VFC security guards asked me on the way to the restroom: Nothing

The differences between these promotions affect MMA's acceptance, and the fighter's careers. How?

Politicians already consider MMA to be too brutal. As a promoter, when you've got a behemoth pro fighter pounding an unconscious little kid bloody before a referee who's just standing there laughing, how is that going to help change their minds? How about when the amateurs are drunk?

As a fighter, how "big" does it make you feel going from fighting a talented individual your size for $1000 to fighting three 18 year-old sacrificial lambs half your size a night for $300? More importantly, what will potential promoters think of you?

Rumor has it that Chad's been asking people where I can be found. The next time his event is held the same day as a VFC, take a wild guess. In the meantime, Chad, keep up the great work!

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/14/2003 11:19am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll say what I said on the other post. Why does it seem like you're always bashing people in your area. You always make it sound like you're in the right and everybody else is in the wrong.

Do me a favor and stfu about it. I for one am personally tired of the personal attacks on other people on such a regular basis.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Posted On:
    7/14/2003 11:24am

Style: lame

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega, it's 'cause he's a punk?

Posted On:
    7/14/2003 11:57am

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    very interesting but it could just be attributed to the area and/or misfortune imo.

"Wrestling is the Martial Art of America";
    "If you don't know how to wrestle you don't know how to fight, that's the prerequisite to fighting" David Tank Abbott
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    7/14/2003 12:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's no secret that Sioux City has had a lot of unfortunate events.

<p>Remember this?</P>

<p>How about this?</p>

Both events were on the world news. Not this compares to either of those tragedies, but it goes to show that a lot more happens there than people realize.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/14/2003 12:35pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And this has to do with what? I'm talking about all the drama you created with that whole TKD4thDan or Siuox Cityy TKD something or another about 8months back.

This goes along the same lines in my opinion.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    7/14/2003 4:56pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well omega, it's nice that you want everyone to get along, but what exactly is wrong with Dan's post?

He had a thing to say, said it well and to the point. It's a relevant discussion.

"Oh ****, it was the other Osiris, The Wastrel." -- patfromlogan
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/14/2003 5:26pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't care if everybody gets along JKDChick. I really don't care at all. I gave my opinion of what he said. I'm tired of that type of drama. Hey its a free country. I got it off my chest. He got what he said off his chest. No reason to keep driving it home.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    7/14/2003 5:41pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The problem with us (myself included) responding to these threads is that it encourages Dan to come back.

While he may be making legitimate points he does so secondarily to pointing out people he doesn't like or to pointing out perceived slights. Basically he's a jackass.

My single chopstick is bad at serving soup, cutting steaks and basting roasts and chickens. Besides that it owns.

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    7/14/2003 6:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega, Dochter: Penis envy will get you nowhere. :^)
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast