Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

~

Posted On:
    6/17/2003 12:28am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone have any wierd physical abnormalities that helps them as a fighter? Most of my joints are almsot double, gives me a few extra second to tap (cept for armbar), and i cracked my tailbone trying a flip a while ago and apparently it is less exposed or something, cuase people were having trouble causing pain by shoving a knee into it in a standing guard pass today. I want one of those rubber men to train for MMA or at least some grappling compitition.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but i'll fight you in a no holds barred fight to the death for your right to say it"

~

Posted On:
    6/17/2003 12:33am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    could he not be ankle locked? or just not feel it untill it snapped? If it were me, I'd be scared to find out

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but i'll fight you in a no holds barred fight to the death for your right to say it"

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    6/17/2003 12:33am

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since I am deaf, I have much wider vision and able to see small movement. That allows me to know which side person will use to attack before they start. Basically my vision is much more advance compare to most average people.

It is a rat eat rat world.

"A magical place where I have a freakish large penis and I am also the king of the mushroom people." - by Omen Stone
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Marasmos

Posted On:
    6/17/2003 12:42am

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DJeter1234 : I'm the same way. I also have a high pain threshhold, so I have to make sure to tap on time, before it starts to hurt. Otherwise I can easily pick up little injuries without knowing it.

On one hand, it makes me feel like a ***** tapping before it actually hurts. On the other hand, if I don't do that, I have to miss trianing later due to my arm refusing to bend or something like that.

------------------------
    I remain, Hapko3
    You say what about my rice?

~

Posted On:
    6/17/2003 12:55am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah, i know this scottish guy who's like that (high pain threshold), did things like let people whack him with 2x4's, jump down some stair and broke his foot, and impaled himself on a DMX bike handle w/o fealing it. O, and this has nothing to do with pain, but his friend ate his own appendix after it was removed. Cool story

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    6/17/2003 1:38am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My elbows and shoulders are VERY flexible. Makes it almost impossible to get a hammerlock on me, and I can get out of most armbar takedowns. I can roll out of many shoulder locks.

My Sensei's get really annoyed by it because its very unusual and its not something thats easy to train for. Makes it difficult to demonstrate certain tecniques on me. I can get out of holds many ppl cant stand.

This is balanced out by my incredibly stiff wrists, I wonder how that happened....

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    6/17/2003 1:40am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am God. Does that count?

Ok so I'm not God.. but pretty damn close.

--A poor band player I was, but now I am crocodile king. --
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Posted On:
    6/17/2003 9:19am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "yeah, i know this scottish guy who's like that (high pain threshold), did things like let people whack him with 2x4's, jump down some stair and broke his foot, and impaled himself on a DMX bike handle w/o fealing it. O, and this has nothing to do with pain, but his friend ate his own appendix after it was removed. Cool story"
    hahahhaa

I can make almost all the joints in my body "pop"
    very distracting and repulsive to females
    :)

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2003 9:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hear people all the time talk about "well im double jointed so the locks dont hurt" Locks werent designed to hurt they were designed to break things. People just stop them at a hurting point because your training.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    6/17/2003 10:30am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I also have a high pain threshhold, so I have to make sure to tap on time, before it starts to hurt. Otherwise I can easily pick up little injuries without knowing it."

I am the same way, most especially with wristlocks. I usually tap early on things now just to save myself the abuse, its pretty obvious that whether or not people are doing a tech. right or not.

Sensi mak is also correct, though that lack of pain will *possibly* give you the extra time to get out of some manipulation.

My single chopstick is bad at serving soup, cutting steaks and basting roasts and chickens. Besides that it owns.
Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast