Isolated and Confused

Posted On:
    6/20/2003 1:23am

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote>quote:
    Robert was more a CMA guy than Judoka. He refers to Judo often because of the close company of pple like Dreager.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote>

True, but at the time that Gilby was born Smith was living in Japan with Draeger preparing for his Judo 3rd dan test. He'd been doing almost exclusively CMA for two years prior to that in Taiwan, IIRC.
    Failing to become awesome since 1976

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    6/20/2003 8:50am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OMFG, another Aussie (Angry Spastic)- good to see. I had been training in TKD (yeah, yeah) and judo for about three years when a friend came in to do some bag work. He had never trained MA and his first 3 mins on the bag was headbutts, knees to the groin and the pies de resistance - a leap onto the bag and continuous biting around the head level. My instructors reaction - "Everyone in here should learn to do that!!!"

I love it! I just got into a huge argument with a disabled people's self defence teacher over headbutts. Bums to her!

A 6th dan black belt in bastardry.

"Damn you! You dirty fighter." My sparring partner, also disabled, recovering from being bitten.
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    6/20/2003 8:59am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    True Yama, but left out the REALLY good stories that are still circulated in Kodokan circles.

______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!!
    THE TRUE FIST OF THE NORTHSTAR!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    6/20/2003 10:13am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "OMFG, another Aussie (Angry Spastic)- good to see. I had been training in TKD (yeah, yeah) and judo for about three years when a friend came in to do some bag work. He had never trained MA and his first 3 mins on the bag was headbutts, knees to the groin and the pies de resistance - a leap onto the bag and continuous biting around the head level. My instructors reaction - "Everyone in here should learn to do that!!!""

hmm that represents a deep seated desire to eat,
    biting is what i will do if i need to, not to begin with lol
    headbutts work, most people at my place stare dumbfolded as my head closes in to smash into theirs!!!!

THEIR EXPRESSION IS FUCKING PRICELESS!!!!!
    hahahah!

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    In training to be the superior practitioner.

Only the insane start off with chain punches.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    6/24/2003 4:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Be Happy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont know how I would personaly define a street fighter. I use to know of friends who got into alot of street fights and liked fighting. Would that make them street fighters?? Most of the self proclaim street fighters may be talking tall tales. Another thing how many of these "street fighters" got their butt kicked??? Just because you fight on the streets it doesnt make you good. I have to agree an Experience fighter is what matters.
    I spent most of my life in the inner cities and what really burns me up is the "street fighter" myth. I hate it when you have these guys who think they are boxers and dont know anything about boxing. What they usually end up doing is giving each other haymakers or ending up rolling on the floor.
    There are people in my neighbourhood that have gone to jail would that make them street fighters?? Sounds more like harden criminals that get themslves into alot of fights. Thats all.

"Do what thou wilt is the whole of the Law"
    Ghost of Charles Dickens
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567