Sponsored Links Spacer Image

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    6/16/2003 11:34pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't forget, street fighters can shoot lava from their eyeballs as well.

--------
    El Guapo says, ""You can buy muscles, but you can't buy COJONES!"
    --------
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2003 12:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "gojuJKDdude,

In your profile it says you study "Sayok Kali". Where and who do you study under?"

In response to your question I study at progressive martial arts (PMAJKD.com) under Nick Sacoulas who is a certified something or other (check out his bio for the details) under Chris Sayoc. I have a question for you: It saysin your bio you'r a piece of ****. Who's ass did you fall out of? ;-}

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2003 12:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Deus I take it back, I didn't mean to insult you as I didn't realize you'r a "heavyweight." You clearly no more about the martial arts than I do. Please accept my heartfelt apologys and supplication.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2003 12:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Your comparison only works if he is talking about doing kata 3 times a week."

Spoken like a true armchair warrior. Newsflash, most of the sparring done in modern martial arts schools won't prepare you for actual combat either, simply because it does little to recreate the reality of an actual fight.

Edited by - Kogyaru on June 17 2003 00:52:20

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    6/17/2003 1:12am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So what you're saying is that someone who trains how to fight on a regular basis will not be as good as someone who occasionally gets into fights?

I'm so sick of the street fighter myth, it just bugs the hell outta me. If someone practices how to fight, they're gonna get good at it. Saying that martial artists aren't as good as "real" fighters because they spar in controlled conditions is just stupid.

In the cases like Insideout describes, I'll bet those people would be pretty good fighters. NOT because they are street fighters, but because they are EXPERIENCED fighters!

The term street fighter has become sooooo cliched that it has lost all meaning. It does not say anything about the fighter except that he has little or no formal training, not if he's any good, which he may very well be.

Kogyaru, how would you prepare for "actual combat"? Go pick fights? I geuss that's a great way to gain experience, if you live long enough and dont get paralyzed. Let me know how that turns out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2003 1:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm so sick of the street fighter myth, it just bugs the hell outta me. If someone practices how to fight, they're gonna get good at it. Saying that martial artists aren't as good as "real" fighters because they spar in controlled conditions is just stupid.
    You're sick of the "myth"? That's because you've probably never encountered the "myth". It bugs the hell out of you because you don't understand it. You live in your little black-and-white world where everything you do on the mats works in real-life (you know because your teacher told you so) and anybody that hasn't trained is a lumbering idiot that can't throw a haymaker let alone defend against your awesome double leg takedown!

Now let me tell you what bugs the hell out of me. Idiots that have never even seen a "street fighter" let alone fought one telling me that what I've seen and experienced on countless occassions is simply a myth.

First of all, it's not as simple as "train to fight and you'll get good at it". What most martial artists think is fighting, isn't. It's not a case of being exactly like the UFC, except you can eye gouge, and anybody that thinks it is is a retard.

So how do you train for the real thing? How do you think dumbass? If you don't know then I can't help you on this forum cos it'll take more than one post for me to explain it to you. Start doing some research and thinking outside the box instead of getting me to do it for you.

Here's the bottom line. A guy who lives in the bar being a general asshole and getting into fights a couple of times a month, maybe more, would take the average martial artist and rip of his head and **** in the hole. Why? Because his technique has come about through actual use not through theorising and fighting in the relatively safe environment of the ring. He's also used to the sheer aggression of the situation. And don't try and tell me facing someone on the mats at your BJJ class or whatever is the same thing cos, trust me, it ain't. When you're being faced down by some shaven-headed neanderthal who's spitting, swearing and yelling like nothing you've ever seen before while his three pals look on and laugh, your ass will be going golf ball to bowling ball in no time at all. And when you're not used to that kind of aggression, at best you'll freeze. At worst you'll crap yourself.

I tell you what, get a job walking the door of some club or somesuch. Do it for a few weeks and then come and tell me it's all a myth. Then maybe I'll have some respect for your opinion.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    6/17/2003 1:43am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, you totally missed the whole point of my fucking post!!!

Being a "Street fighter" doesn't mean jack ****. Being an "EXPERIENCED" fighter is what makes the difference!!! Do you see how they are different?

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    6/17/2003 1:52am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sick of 5'10, 150 pound posers thinking they're tough and claiming to be "street fighters" because they once won a fight outside a bar. Today, anybody can claim to be a street fighter, all they need is little or no formal training and suddenly "I'm better than all those martial artists because I'm from the street! I know all the dirty things like biting and kicks to the nads that NO martial arts would EVER teach!"

Good fighters are everywhere; in and out of martial arts. Just because someone claims to be a "street fighter" doesn't mean a thing because anyone can claim that! Not every "Street Fighter" is experienced or tough (not to say that they're all whimps, just that some are).

***ned

Posted On:
    6/17/2003 2:36am

supporting member
     Style: i

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In response to your question I study at progressive martial arts (PMAJKD.com) under Nick Sacoulas who is a certified something or other (check out his bio for the details) under Chris Sayoc. I have a question for you: It saysin your bio you'r a piece of ****. Who's ass did you fall out of? ;-}
    Deus I take it back, I didn't mean to insult you as I didn't realize you'r a "heavyweight." You clearly no more about the martial arts than I do. Please accept my heartfelt apologys and supplication.
    Do you have a problem with me gojuJKDdude? I asked you where and who you studied under because I was curious (I also study Sayoc with a training group under Guro Jeff Chung), and you call me a piece of ****?

~
    danny

"All this talk about 'newbies' is making me a little nervous. You guys don't have any sort of secret hazing initiation involving wooden paddles and me screaming 'Thank you sir, may I have another?!' do you?"

***ned

Posted On:
    6/17/2003 2:42am

supporting member
     Style: i

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At first I was glad there was another Sayoc Kali brother on Bullshido. Now I see that the humility and integrity that I've seen in every member of the Sayoc organization that I've had the honor of meeting, doesn't hold true for at least one person.

I apologize if I offended you in any way, it was not my intention.

~
    danny

"All this talk about 'newbies' is making me a little nervous. You guys don't have any sort of secret hazing initiation involving wooden paddles and me screaming 'Thank you sir, may I have another?!' do you?"
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast