Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2003 11:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok I've always trained 100% natural (mainly because I'm poor). But I've hit a major plateau that I need to break through. I've been steadily getting bigger and bigger for years, but right now my weight keeps fluctuating between 188 and 192 (I am 6'1") and I can't get bigger no matter how much I lift. I really want to break through this and reach at least 200, but probably more like 210. To further this end, I'm thinking about doing the supplement thing for the first time. Mainly because I don't know anything I was thinking of doing Andro and Ripped Fuel. Can someone give me a rundown of pros and cons of these supplements and whether or not they will really work. Also feel free to recommend something else, but if you do please give the pros and cons of that too. Thanks a lot guys.

---------
    Shut up and train

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2003 1:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Id go here
    http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/
    and if i were to recommend a common supplement it would be creatine.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/29/2003 4:39pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want to get to 200 don't bother with the rip fuel. Before you go off trying to reach these larger weights you need to ask yourself to what end? On the average you would be lucky to put on 5 lbs of muscle in a years time.

Now before everybody else jumps on and starts arguing with me 5 lbs of muscle usually includes 5lbs of water weight 2lbs of fat. Therefore your overall mass increases to 12 lbs. This is not scientific I'm giving you my off the top answer. This would completely depending upon your body type. Give me some feed back on your current mass and goals and I can help you better.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2003 4:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a little confused omega. My current mass is 190 lbs. My goal (for now) is to reach 200 lbs, let's say by new year's. I don't really know what kind fo feedback you need. could you be more specific?

---------
    Shut up and train

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    6/29/2003 5:31pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Start doing the deadlift.

Creatine is pointless.
    Andro is known to be dangerous - its illegal in Australia. That should tell you something.
    I have no idea what 'Ripped Fuel' is - by the name it sounds like something to help you cut fat. Not what you want.

What does your current meal plan look like ?
    What does your current weight lifting plan look like ?
    What about cardio ?

If you want to list those things I can help you out.

--------
    El Guapo says, ""You can buy muscles, but you can't buy COJONES!"
    --------
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2003 5:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    (kinda off subject)

Well, fistingkittens, um, im my whole hearted opinion, why would you want to up it to 200+? I mean, I know you are 6'1" but 190 pounds is plenty of weight. And if you have gotten to 175+ with just natural workouts and you are pretty muscular, then I give you credit, lots of it. It's soooooo rare these days to meet someone and know they are athletes and did not use any kind of supplement besides taking in food, water, fruits, veggies, etc. I know I for sure don't use any supplement and don't plan to in the future. And I don't care what anyone says, biochemists all say that any kind of substance you take in, has its negative and positive effects. Creatine...now, be careful with that one. Very, very controversial, but a classmate told us that she had a friend who used it and he'd feel like his muscles were watery. And ya get thirsty like ****, from what everyone says. AND! if you stop using it, your muscles start to shrink back to "normal"

Just my opinion though...

"It is not daily increase, but daily decrease. Hack away the unessentials!" -Bruce Lee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2003 7:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Current meal plan: Lots of rice, salad, broccoli, and chicken. I usually eat about 5 small meals a day. This is my core diet, but to be honest, quite often I am a bad boy and eat forzen foods and other **** that is quick and easy. Between training, working and being a full time student I'm often not in the mood to cook.

My strength program (not including martial arts or the included conditioning) is as follows:
    Mon, Wed, Fri
    warmups and stretching
    100 crunches
    the following excercises are all 3 sets of 8
    arm curls
    tricep extensions
    tricep press
    lat pulldowns
    chest press
    military press
    lateral arm raises
    fly

followed by
    10-15 minutes light cardio +cool down (just to loosen up afterwards)
    100 crunches
    stretches

Tue, Thu, Sat:
    warmups and stretches
    100 crunches
    10-15 minutes light cardio to loosen up my legs
    leg press
    hip abduction
    hip adduction
    prone leg curls
    quad extensions
    rotary calf
    10-15 minutes more light cardio (again to loosen up)
    100 crunches
    cool down and stretching

I also do lots of cardio and abs every other morning. And MA practice pretty much all the time too. I know it seems like I'm training too much, but its summer and I pack it in while I can.

Cheng: It may sound like I'm big but I'm really not. I definately look like an athlete, but I'd say I'm still on the thin side. I think 200 would look normal on me,and 210 would make me big. Of course I also admittedly tend to gauge myself based on the roid head MMA guys that I always share floor space with.

---------
    Shut up and train

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2003 7:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok. I reccomend, www.bodybuilding.com.
    Let me say a few things. I'm 6'3 215 pounds at 5% body fat, I just got myself cut down I usually walk around 230 with 10% bodyfat. So I'm always pretty cut.
    Basically Andro is considered a prohormone or legal steroid. Any prohormone will have an anabolic effect increasing testosterone levels to increase muscle building. I do not reccomend it though it works. I don't reccommend it b/c though it is legal it is still a steroid.
    Ripped fuel is a thermogenic meaning it raises the body's blood pressure and heart rate and thins the blood to help burn more calories, effectively doing the opposite of what you want.
    Creatine is ver useful as opposed to what everyone else says. It floods water into your cells making them in effect bigger, now yes you will lose some mass after using it but 3/4 of the muscle gains you made remain and there is nothing that will give you those gains faster. It is a good product, and I've used it for years and athletes have been using it for years and I've never heard of anyone having real complications.
    Protein-there are many different kinds of proteins but obviously the biggest supplemental one is whey. It is very useful to intake about 1.5-2 g of protein per pound of body weight to help increase muscle mass. Take it through out the day in 6-8 meals. Also you want to have a slow working protein through the night so drink 2-3 glasses of milk for casein protein to help provide a stream of protein through the night.
    Cut your carbs down a bit to ensure that you're not getting more than you need gaining extra fat.
    You're gonna want to cut down on fats and start taking a supplemental fat to get your omega fatty acids. Try flax seed oil it works ery well.
    A good way to increase muscle mass is to simply break your work out into 5 days a week. and only doing each body part once a week.
    The biggy is to take in more calories than you burn, if you don't you won't gain muscle, simple as that. So if you have to cut your cardio down a bit till you get your gains. Those are just some basics, feel free to ask and I'll be even more detail and specific for you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2003 7:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, Demon slayer, you seem to know something about these supplements. So, I have one biggie question: what happens when you don't want to take in creatine anymore? I mean, MOST people will eventually end up falling...ahem, in love (wussies! ;p) and eventually have babies. Now, I ain't trying to tell people what to do, but training 3-4 hours a day is going to effect that baby's life. And even more true, we will all get old one day, meaning we will have to settle with jogging/light weight training once we get to 50+ or whenever. So, what does happen? I mean, demon, are you taking any creatine regularly? WHat if you were to, say, stop cold turkey. In 2 months, what will be happening?

And let's remember, creatine was found in the early 1900s. But, realistically, it's only been around since 1990s as a supplement on the market. Meaning: most athletes who are using it have only been using it for a decade or so. What will happen to those athletes 3-4 decades from now? And I did a very, very small research on it for my biochemistry class and one research showed that for some sprinters, creatine actually slowed them down for the longer duration of running because of the ""UNNATURAL"" mass gain that the Cr loaded body has. Comments?

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    6/29/2003 9:01pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FK -
    Do you have a reason you can't squats and/or deadlifts ?
    Nothing can pack on mass faster than these exercises.

Although it sucks, conditioning for martial arts (and MA itself!)
    make it MUCH harder to put on weight. You burn up too many calories.
    You'll be able to achieve your goal much faster if you take some time off. You may not be able to achieve at all while training hard.

The easiest thing to do is up you calorie intake (good food though) in order to break through a plateau. While its true that you can up your calories in order to compensate for the MA training, your body can only do so many things at once.

I took 3 months off last year in order to build muscle - and I did. The problem was, once I started training hard it all came back off again. I didn't compensate properly by upping calories once I started training in MA again.

What sort of reps and sets are you using.
    One tip I can give immediatley is cut what you are doing to 4 times per week. If I'm reading correctly, you are doing 6 times per week ?
    You may be able to cut back a little bit and let your body rest more, and those calories that are used to fuel the extra workouts may be used by your body to build extra muscle instead.

Most people get paranoid about doing LESS weights. But, experiment on yourself. If you only workout 4 times per week and your strength and muscle size doesn't go backward, then what have you lost?

You may find (as I and others did) that you can actually lift more because you are better recovered.

Creatine is ver useful as opposed to what everyone else says. It floods water into your cells making them in effect bigger, now yes you will lose some mass after using it but 3/4 of the muscle gains you made remain and there is nothing that will give you those gains faster. It is a good product, and I've used it for years and athletes have been using it for years and I've never heard of anyone having real complications.
    Creatine does flood water into cells making muscle appear bigger - in MOST people. It can help MOST people lift slightly more weight.
    3/4 of muscle remains?
    Says who? It may have for you. It didn't for me, my brother, or a couple of friends I know who used it.
    A % of muscle will of course remain.
    The question that needs to be asked - and that no one has ever answered - is how much muscle would have been built anyway in the time period you took the supplement.
    Would it be the same ? How do we know ?

--------
    El Guapo says, ""You can buy muscles, but you can't buy COJONES!"
    --------
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast