Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville supporting member
    Style
    Electricity, Speed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Willy: thanks for the link, it looks pretty good. Cheaper than the last one I checked out, a lot closer, and offers more classes at better, less intrusive times.

And Coldwater is about two hours from where I live, so no can do on that

Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    boyd: if you check that one out let me know what you think i have not made it down there yet but am looking for a bjj place to train on my "free" days
    also the other mma place is in ann arbor/ypsi area i think that gonna be to far for ya?

omega:" I don't have much to say either but I post anyway" so this makes you............a post whore?

Style
    Electricity, Speed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dammit. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is. After checking out the website in a bit more detail, I noticed the highest ranking instructor there just got his brown belt this year. I'm not one to judge a guy too harshly on his rank (or lack thereof), and I appreciate the honesty, but ****. That seems like way too little experience to be teaching. It's too bad, too. Would've made a good school.

AND THE HUNT CONTINUES....

Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Style
    Electricity, Speed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Willy: On the subject of driving 45 minutes to a school, I guess it depends on their schedule. I wouldn't drive out there for a one-hour class, but if there were multiple classes I was interested in, then we might have something.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

omega:" I don't have much to say either but I post anyway" so this makes you............a post whore?

More like a post slut...I don't get paid for being here.

Wait a minute, yes I do.....

hmmm I'm going to have to think about this one.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Such as thou art, sometime was I. supporting member
    Style
    Brazilian Jiujitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boyd,
    Don't worry about whether or not your BJJ instructor is a black belt. Blues and purples have a lot to teach. A brown is great. Don't think of it like other arts.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Style
    Electricity, Speed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was actually wondering about that. I know BJJ has a lot harsher standards on ranking and whatnot, and I suppose honesty is a good thing. I dunno, I guess I won't rule it out.

So now I'm checking out another place, www.factormma.com The website, you'll notice, tells you ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, so I sent them an e-mail asking for basic stuff like a class schedule and whatnot. Anyone know about that Bryan Harper fellow?

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boyd there was actually a thread about relative comparisons of ranks between martial arts.

I think Punisher put it up.

My single chopstick is bad at serving soup, cutting steaks and basting roasts and chickens. Besides that it owns.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was actually wondering about that. I know BJJ has a lot harsher standards on ranking and whatnot, and I suppose honesty is a good thing. I dunno, I guess I won't rule it out.

So now I'm checking out another place, www.factormma.com The website, you'll notice, tells you ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, so I sent them an e-mail asking for basic stuff like a class schedule and whatnot. Anyone know about that Bryan Harper fellow?

I've never heard of these guys Boyd. It may be because they've never been in a big event.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Style
    i
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Training two or three times a week, all things considered equal, it'll probably take you about 3.5-5 years for a purple belt in BJJ. One guy I know made blue belt in a year. That's with at least 2 hours of training a day, 5-6 days a week. Just to give you some sort of comparison to other grappling arts, I'd have to say that a decent pure judo BB has the same grappling skills as a blue belt.

~
    danny

"All this talk about 'newbies' is making me a little nervous. You guys don't have any sort of secret hazing initiation involving wooden paddles and me screaming 'Thank you sir, may I have another?!' do you?"

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last