Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2003 5:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ronin tai jutsu?? - split from bujinkan or new school??
    plus winin a ufc and only fightin once is a pretty ninja like thing to do, he got the money with less risk,

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2003 5:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've only had 1 very limited encounter with any sort of taijutsu/ninjitsu system and I must say I was unimpressed.
    ...well don't generalize...
    although there probably are many that suck.

Due to the combative nature of the techniques studied, there are no tournaments or competitions in Ninjutsu.
    sounds like the 'my-art-is-too-deadly-syndrome'

Ninjutsu requires that its practitioners be open to any situation and to be able to adapt their technique to ensure survival.
    Sounds like you're just repeating what your shidoshi told you...

HAPKO3
    As far as competitions go, my (I don't even want to say ninjutsu, cuz it's getting lame) instructor DID compete (successfully) in shootfighting in Japan...
    I admit, stuff like the knife-lunge and similar ways of training look non-realistic and I don't like it either. Especially if some of your training partner don't even punch AT you. But nonetheless, as speed picks up, the technique still works.
    Simply studying 'ninjutsu', 'taijutsu' or whatever you want to call it, doesn't automatically make you invincible. Yet many of those practitioners think so, and rarely someone proves them wrong. It still depends on the dojo and its instructor(s) whether you learn something worthwhile. I have been in several different Bujinkan dojos and the differences are mindboggling.
    SO PLEASE, avoid using generalizations and absolute statements.

Techniques themselves I'd say are similar to jujutsu, aikido, judo, and in my case include grappling...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2003 5:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    most taijutsu doesnt do any sport since most sport matial arts, are **** semi contact and the like, plus i for one woulnt like to recieve some of the throws i practise in a tornament situation, however we do spar, we just dont get a big trophy for it, make sense??

Marasmos

Posted On:
    6/16/2003 6:02pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool.

Now how do you spar? Do you practice striking, clinching, ground fighting? How much contact do you have, how much protective gear do you wear? Is the sparring continuous, or do you reset after contact is made, or the round is over? Do you ever spar or train with people practicing differnt arts? If so, what have your experiences been like?

------------------------
    I remain, Hapko3
    You say what about my rice?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2003 6:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sorry, looooong day at work, ill start again.

progressive risistance training in essence is,
    learn technique on fully complient partner, using larger movments, ie kihon training, then drill technique with ever increasing risistance, then apply in randori etc with both going 60% power, then increase power until your fully competent, its a very long process but thats how you learn technizue, another way ive found helps is one sparring/randori whatever have one person take the place of the aggresser and one the defender, it helps practisin both sides of the coin,

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2003 6:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok sparring,
    different sorts, strking there are many ways but basic is just to body with hands, or with kicks as well full range of them, or free anystrikes
    most sparrin is with appropriate contact, ie as much as you can handle but not to injure, if you get slapped in the face take it as a full shot to the head etc, no pads, ouside of class i train a little with boxin gloves but they really do reduce my strikin ability but are better for batteringc conditioning, most of the guys i spar with are ex kickboxers etc so im always learnin....
    grappling standard start from knees, or standing up, from a grip or from standing apart, gi and no gi, again its appropriate power, enogh to be hard and real but no slammin for egos sake, full range of techniques but muscle grabs etc not hard just enuff to be felt, need to do lots more tho, id love to do some gjj but none near by, hey that england for you!

Marasmos

Posted On:
    6/16/2003 6:23pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kusa.

Sounds good. Do you guys ever combine striking with grappling, i.e. train all ranges at the same time?

------------------------
    I remain, Hapko3
    You say what about my rice?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2003 6:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yea, if your strikin and a throw is there take it, if your on the floor and the strike is there obvously take it (softly) otherwise its a game, you should both learn somthing every time,
    to be honest we dont spar that much, i find practisin technique 80/90% of the time and just a little sparrin is best, that'll prob change as i get better tho.
    we try not to get into the sparrin minset either, it should feel like a real encounter, so no bouncin up and down etc just strait in!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2003 7:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...similar here...

mostly ground sparring, from any position. Hits only to remind the other, 'hey, I can hit you'. We're just starting to add harder punches...

sparring for punches only with knuckle-protectors once...

sometimes full force w/boxing gloves...

go until submission. no resetting...

but again, not every dojo is like that...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2003 7:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HAPKO3, I like going to San Diego. When I'm there next time, I'll let you know and we can do some MA exchange...
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast