Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2003 11:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You may have read this info already but i will post it any way, just to clear up any confusion.
    First
    The main principles in combat are posture, distance, rhythm and flow. Students are taught to use the entire body for every movement/technique, to provide the most power and leverage. They will use the openings created by the opponents movement to implement techniques, often causing the opponent to "run in/on to" body weapons. Ninjutsu practitioners evade attacks in ways that places them in advantageous positions from which a simple use of leverage may take control the opponent
    Second
    In the early stages of training, patterns are provided as examples of "what can be done here" and "how to move the body to achieve this result". However, as the practitioner progresses they are encouraged to explore the openings which naturally appear in peoples movements and apply spontaneous techniques based upon the principles contained within the pattern. This free flowing style is one of the most important aspects of Ninjutsu training. Adaptability is one of the main lessons of all of these ryu.
    And last but not least
    Due to the combative nature of the techniques studied, there are no tournaments or competitions in Ninjutsu. As tournament fighting has set rules which compel the competitor to study the techniques allowed within that framework, this limits not only the kinds of techniques that they study, but also the way in which they will apply those techniques.The way that you train is the way that you fight. Ninjutsu requires that its practitioners be open to any situation and to be able to adapt their technique to ensure survival.
    Any comments

Marasmos

Posted On:
    6/15/2003 11:56pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I have a few comments.

First of all, you have given very little actual information about the actualt techniques or training methods. The things that you did say are so broad, that they apply to arts such as western boxing just as well as they, supposedly, apply to ninjutsu.

Second of all, the fact that you have no tournaments or competitions is, in my not particularly humble opinion, a bad thing, because it gives us (and you) not real way to measure martial skill among practitioners.

So could you please give more specifics on how you train, where you train, how much and how you spar, etc. so that we can have a clearer picture.

------------------------
    I remain, Hapko3
    You say what about my rice?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2003 12:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yo shin, dont bother tryin, it aint worth it,
    ps didnt steve jenum ( only semi compatent out of condition guy) win a ufc and beat a jujutsu and karate canadian champion who beat a thai boxer, and beat a good large boxer,
    i love flame wars

Marasmos

Posted On:
    6/16/2003 4:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "yo shin, dont bother tryin, it aint worth it, "\

Why? I'm honestly interested.

Traditional MArtial Arts may not be my cup of tea, but I respect them and their practitioners, and I'm honestly interested in what this guy has to say.

So far, I've never seen a more or less reasonable ninjutsu practitioner. All that I've been in contact with were the likes of Ashita Kim, who have not been able to say anything intelligible.

This guy, Shinobi, seems to be articulate and coherent, and I would like to hear what he has to say.

------------------------
    I remain, Hapko3

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    6/16/2003 4:31pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Steve Jennum was an alternate, who only fought one fight that night, against another alternate.

Hey red, have you ever heard of Ronin Tai-jitsu?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/16/2003 5:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've only had 1 very limited encounter with any sort of taijutsu/ninjitsu system and I must say I was unimpressed.

Coming from a edged weapons standpoint, much of the technique I saw was typical karate McDojo style disarming and wristlocking. The instructor actually told me that I had to lunge into the thrust even more so that my training partner could execute the technique. Which was absolutely ridiculous.

The way that you train is the way that you fight.
    Indeed. And do you train real time with full resistance? Because that's "real life" so to speak.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/16/2003 5:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    a kim does deserve a beatin,
    full spead full rsistance - yes after you first of all learn a technique on a fully complient patner then progressivly increase the risistance then randori training,
    with the full lunge thing its possable that if you dont extend the arm you hav more potential strength in it so in that case i would heavly atemi your face etc then if/when you go limp then lock the wrist/elbow, depends what level your trainin, you cant expect to pull of full power technique in randori if you havnt learnt it solidly, bit like gjj sweeps, if you dont know them well you just use muscle, then you learn them so you dont always hav to use muscle, then when the **** hits the fan you use the good technique youve learnt plus all your strength, simple,
    hey hap if trad arts aint your thing why are you called hap(kido) that art prob has more fakes then real guys,
    red shin - where do yopu train, who and on what??
    bujinkan?? what different sparrin rules do you use??

Marasmos

Posted On:
    6/16/2003 5:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, kusa, do you mind using complete sentences and punctuation when yuo speak.

I'm honestly interested in what you're saying, but it is entierly too difficult to descipher your messages.

------------------------
    I remain, Hapko3

Marasmos

Posted On:
    6/16/2003 5:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My nickname, HAPKO3, comes from a different language, and has absolutely nothing to do with Hapkido.

------------------------
    I remain, Hapko3

Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    6/16/2003 5:38pm

supporting member
     Style: JKD Concepts, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree, Hapko.

Please elaborate, Kusa.

Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated. - Geroge Bernard Shaw
    "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast