• Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2002 4:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    check out this site, www.albertakungfu.ca check out all of the links and videos on this site, and tell me what you think about the style.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2002 4:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, the site is VERY nice. I love the effects. Not much content though..

As for the style, I have never heard of it before. The "forms" video, at least the first one, looks like a medium range version of Wing Chun. The second video I assume is there for humor. The "fighting" video looks like TKD. I would honestly need more to look at before I gave an honest opinion on the style as a whole.

However with the provided material the best I can say is 3.5 stars out of 5.

Remember that I really don't have enough to go on...

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    10/07/2002 9:17am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of the other members of this forum go to that school. However, I don't remember who.

Jeremy M. Talbott
    http://www.homestead.com/koreanma/index.html
    http://www.geocities.com/jns1994/MSA.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2002 11:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thought you might like to look at this site. Purely for entertainment purposes though. If you have experience in the martial arts for a good lenth of time you should be able to tell wether or not this is a McDojo. Have fun and let me know what you think. :-)

http://www.komudokwan.com/
  5. Michael

Posted On:
    10/07/2002 12:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought that sight looked familiar. They do a sister (cousin?) system to the Kung-fu I've practiced. Nice pretty art. Couldn't really vouch for its effectiveness though. Definite point of view problem and really depends upon the instructor.
  6. Michael

Posted On:
    10/07/2002 12:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PS....I wonder if they got permission to put that music up on their site?
  7. Michael

Posted On:
    10/07/2002 1:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As to your post Shilivan;
    I visited the sight and I would like to make a point counter point observation.
    He created his own art....but he didn't promote himself to 10th degree grandmaster because of it

He claims to teach several different arts....but it sounds like he keeps them seperate so that you may still appreciate the original techniques.

He calls himself Doctor....ah that's because he is.
    .....Mc Dojo? don't know there isn't enough evidence to say yay or nay on this one. I would have to say no given what I've seen. Why?

Although a traditional school it doesn't look like they're trying to hide any aspect of who they are and where they came from. High level of integrity. That alone is impressive.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2002 3:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool. I apreciate your assesment. I know a little bit about this instructor and so had formed my own opinion of his school rather quickly. So I wanted to know what someone who didn't know about him would say. Your review answered a few questions that I had been asking myself for a while. I thank you for that. Also, just curious; but how long have you been practicing? Don't answer if it's too personal a question though. I'd understand.