Page 5 of 12 First 123456789 ... Last
    Style
    10th Planet JJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't snip anything - I quoted the man's message in its entirety.

------------------------
    I remain, Hapko3
    You say what about my rice?

Badness will not be rewarded supporting member

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damnit, stay on topic!

I wanted to see Sifu Hoffman or Tiger of Shaolin in a cage with Bob Sapp or an adult male silverback gorilla.

A lion wouldn't be bad either . . .

Makes no difference since Qi would equalize everything.

Sifu Emin - Did you see that?
    Me - (gasping) No, but I can't breathe yet.

Such as thou art, sometime was I. supporting member
    Style
    Brazilian Jiujitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just read your post Sam. I was avoiding this guy after I read the first couple of posts. Recently came back to see why this had reached 3 pages. I don't think I'll bother. But I have three words:

Oh. My. God. Osiris...snipe away. THIS deserves a sniping.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought Bob Sapp WAS an adult male silverback gorilla...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL, gorillas, noah, lions, david, ... LOL

Style
    Chinese Kung Fu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omar: Thanks for pointing that out. Submitting lions is a feat performed by many a practitioner of the Art, as is clearly documented in the Bible.

"Samson seized a young lion with his hands and "rent him as he would have rent a kid" (Judg. 14:5, 6)"

In this case Samson (Grandmaster, 27th dan) did not give the lion an opportunity to tap out and slapped on a vicious body lock in a demnstration of the brutal effectiveness of the Art.

------------------------
    I remain, Hapko3
    Point taken.

BAH ! Puny Humans !
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Style
    Weight Training
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    THREAD SPAMMING!

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Style
    can o asswhip!
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have no problem trying to share Weng chun with everyone but it seems that not everyone wants to understand it further. Of course things seem vauge and general when introducing or presenting basic information. this is a given in most arts. Some may not understand this. I don't see any point in attempting to share my information with someone attempting to discredit me or my information or slip insults in any chance they get. I hope those who are really interested will seek a real source of information on Weng Chun. It is nothing like the other systems called Wing chun VingTsun Wing Tsun etc.... Good day gentlemen.

Style
    BJJ, Wing Chun
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ra...how are you gonna use the God's name and sound like a moron?

Back your **** up with facts dude.

Style
    can o asswhip!
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In one final attempt I will explain the time,space and energy concept as simple as I could put it. I'm more of a fighter not a writer so please forgive me if I don't reach everyone. Using the arm bar example. My point is that we do view the arm bar as an technique. however we donot look for the traps of saying the arm bar can only be done one way! we understand that he the idea of "seperation" is a idea of managing space. Once you cease the arm and control the balance or center of gravity of the opponent you must create "space" between the person and his/her limb. What variables will control this Time and energy! Yes I know say to yourself "that is obvious!" but of course it is obvious time, space and energy is a constant no matter if you are doing Tae kwoon do, Jujitsu,kung fu etc... my point being that in Weng Chun we first understand the sucess or failure of the technique through through time space and energy! were was the mistake on the part of the fighter?

Another example would be an understanding the proper distance for a particular technique. If in grappling distance and you try a long round kick. you are at the wrong time and space to do that. so your sucess rate will be affected by this. If I try to muscle my way in on a strong opponent then I'm using the wrong energy. Of course there are many different ways we could examine this. I know this seems vague but one would have to realize that we start with the common ground in all forms of combat to understand combat better. This is my last post on this thread thank you for your attention.

Page 5 of 12 First 123456789 ... Last