Page 2 of 12 First 123456 ... Last
    Badness will not be rewarded supporting member

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you say that you would not be afraid to get in the ring with Bob Sapp, you need to think again!

Also, I am not saying your master could not defeat Bob Sapp . . . but that is quite a claim to make.

What is the reason for no video taping? Are the techniques somehow too secret and deadly? Is your master actually doing the NHB people a favour by NOT fighting them? Is that his ethical reason? (Insert "style too deadly" comment here)

As a side note, I live in Hamburg. If your master comes here, I will check him out. Bamberg is too far for me. Remember, you asked what myself and other Bullshidoers think, and some of us told you. The burden of proof lies on you to demonstrate and prove what you say.

Sifu Emin - Did you see that?
    Me - (gasping) No, but I can't breathe yet.

Style
    Weight Training
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    um, WTF?
    i look at this later

god....another w... chun thing

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville supporting member
    Style
    Electricity, Speed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Qi is not a magic energy. It comes from a musculature a normal martial artist can't use !!! It's a special kind of rotating musculature. The existence of Qi has been proven in the Weng Chun academy Dai Duk Lan which was destroyed in 1991. If you want i can tell you more about that. The existence of Qi was also proven at lots of chinese universities. But it's NOT A MAGIC POWER.
    Oh, just an invisible rotating anatomically perfect muscle?

There is one thing where i'm very sure.If you would train very very hard for 10 years you could fight Bob Sapp!!! I'm absolutely sure you could do it!!! Absolutely!!! You would WIN EASILY!!!
    But golly, didn't people already try that?

Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry i don't have much time today. Just 4 things:

1.There are no deadly techniques in Weng Chun Shaolin Kung Fu.The first Weng Chun practioniers were monk believing in philosophies like buddhism , taoism und confucianism. According to the philosophies no Weng Chun practioner was / is / will be allowed to develop or apply deadly techniques.Grandmaster Hoffmann has never taught deadly techniques to me or other people.

2.I don't invent things about Qi or Rickson Gracie and Sifu Hoffmann.
    I just write what Sifu Hoffmann has taught me and what i have experienced.I admit there are some questions i can't answer but i swear upon my honor as a martial artist Sifu Hoffmann can answer and show.As i know Sifu Hoffmann was in America very often and i'm sure he will come again.

3.Some people here make a mistake when the talk about Weng Chun.Weng Chun can not be compared to WT,Wing Tsun,Wing Zun or so. If you have problems with that please read my first article again.

4.Bob Sapp is not invincible i have seen him loosing two fights. And i thin in 10 years he will be a lot weaker than he is today.Bob Sapp has lost to Nog (there is a clip of the end of the fight at mcdojo)
    and to a boxer (don't remember name).I have seen the fight with the boxer on TV (Eurosport).
    So why are some people here who say Bob Sapp is invincible ???????????

Badness will not be rewarded supporting member

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    4. I didn't say Bob Sapp is invincible, I just used him as an example because he is so much larger than most people. I wanted to state that size and strength DO matter. Also, check out the part where Nog gets piledriven through the mat. Do you think you could get up and keep fighting after that? Let me put it another way -

Take an adult male silverback gorilla. Not the same species as a human, but anatomically similiar. 2 legs, 2 arms, a head, and a neck. If strength and size don't matter, than you or your Sifu, with proper Qi cultivation, would be able to beat one. Sorry, I don't buy that arguement.

3. Yes you did say the WT/VT styles are much different than WC. I don't know anything about Weng Chun so I lumped it with the other styles since they all seem to be part of the same family. Looking at the WC website showed guys with different types of uniforms, so maybe it is different. Sorry to lump them all together, but this forum has already been polluted with WT/VT politics. (I have about three years WT expirience myself)

2. I never said you invented anything. I just wanted evidence of how WC influenced BJJ. It also seemed to me, I could be wrong, that your Sifu only used the Gracie name to legitimate his style. That was because those dudes were so round. If your Sifu comes to Hamburg, I will go to his seminar.

1. I don't know about deadly techniques or the lack of them, in WC.

Can you post some videos of it being used in an acutal fight? NHB included . . That would be really great.

Sifu Emin - Did you see that?
    Me - (gasping) No, but I can't breathe yet.

Edited by - mrmcfu on June 16 2003 13:12:11

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Didn't see any Gracie mentionings on his site, but you should've posted 6 weeks ago. Your sifu was right here in town! I could've checked him out...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh god, another one.

Style
    Muay Thai & BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I WANT TO FUCKING SCREAM

==================
    "When we go to the ground, you are in my world. The ground is the ocean, I am the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim." RCJ Machado
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Style
    10th Planet JJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone has entierly too much time on their hands.

I bet my Ki would armbar hi Ki in the first round.

------------------------
    I remain, Hapko3
    You say what about my rice?

Style
    Brazillian Kung Fu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ToS,

"Some people here make a mistake when the talk about Weng Chun.Weng Chun can not be compared to WT,Wing Tsun,Wing Zun or so. If you have problems with that please read my first article again."

In your first post, you mention that Weng Chun is "oldest of all Ving Tsun styles," then you say we can't compare it to Wing Chun? Bullshit. I watched the vids on Sifu Hoffmann's site. Hell, I've conversed with Sifu Hoffmann on the WCML before. Don't give me this crap about how WC doesn't compare to your version. As I said before, politics suck.

As for it being the oldest version, well let's just say that there could be quite a long debate on that one. Not that it is of any significance if it were the oldest, or newest, in any case.

Anyways, to answer you initial question ("What do you think of Weng Chun?"), I think that it looks interesting. It seems to have more range and depth than most Yip Man WC lines. Appears very similar to some of the mainland styles, particularly Gulao (what little of seen of either). I'm curious, do you learn san sik as well as the forms?

I don't have a problem with your style, it just riles me to hear the "my style's the greatest" attitude from anyone, an when it's with WC I lose it sometimes. NO lineage has the complete answer, but components of each line can greatly benefit your understanding and technique.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    "The difference between us, and other martial arts websites you might be looking for, is that we're not going to feed you, well, bullshit about martial arts."
    -Phrost

Page 2 of 12 First 123456 ... Last