Page 11 of 12 First ... 789101112 Last
  1. #101

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    6
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs View Post
    A lot of people on this forum have tried WC in the past and it still doesn't go down well here. Good luck.
    Hello Kovacs, thanks for your reply... I did search for the "Weng Chun" keywords on the forum before posting, but I didn't find other things different than this post, I assume most of the users of the forum generalise Wing Chun and Weng Chun as the same art, but in my personal experience this is not the case.
    That said, I'm not here to advocate the martial art and I do agree on many critiques Wing Chun (not Weng Chun) receives as a martial art, my only point here is to shed some light on some very bold statements have been made here about Weng Chun which I personally happen to find not true, for the rest I think everybody is free to like and practice in the way he cares, so thanks but really no luck needed here ;)

  2. #102
    ermghoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    4,641
    Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!


    Somebody draw some triangles on this.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

  3. #103

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    6
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahahahah :D ermghoti triangles are actually a wing chun "concept" (and a very weird position to assume)... if any, a shape used in wEng chun would be a circle, so you might want to adjust your meme :D

  4. #104
    ermghoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    4,641
    Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by i_mush View Post
    if any, a shape used in wEng chun would be a circle
    ...because it's for pussies?
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

  5. #105

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    6
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    ...because it's for pussies?
    I'm not quite sure of the connection between circles and pussies, mind argue about it :D?

  6. #106
    Kovacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,264
    Style
    Cross Fit, small arms.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by i_mush View Post
    Hello Kovacs, thanks for your reply... I did search for the "Weng Chun" keywords on the forum before posting, but I didn't find other things different than this post, I assume most of the users of the forum generalise Wing Chun and Weng Chun as the same art, but in my personal experience this is not the case.
    That said, I'm not here to advocate the martial art and I do agree on many critiques Wing Chun (not Weng Chun) receives as a martial art, my only point here is to shed some light on some very bold statements have been made here about Weng Chun which I personally happen to find not true, for the rest I think everybody is free to like and practice in the way he cares, so thanks but really no luck needed here ;)
    I meant good luck becouse all forms of the Chun is derided here and you might be in for a rough ride. Everyone claims that their version of the Chun is different but apart from the spelling that's never the case.
    Ne Obliviscaris

  7. #107

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    6
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs View Post
    I meant good luck becouse all forms of the Chun is derided here and you might be in for a rough ride. Everyone claims that their version of the Chun is different but apart from the spelling that's never the case.
    Yeah...this is becoming apparent and I wasn't expecting so much hatred in a "truth seekers" community to be honest :D, not that I got offended or anything, I just found the thread googling and felt like giving my 2 cents about it, as I stated in my first post, I'm not a practitioner anymore and I'm not here to advocate, but apparently people starts trolling without reading, so I get your "rough ride" thing pretty clearly now.

  8. #108
    Kovacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,264
    Style
    Cross Fit, small arms.
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by i_mush View Post
    Yeah...this is becoming apparent and I wasn't expecting so much hatred in a "truth seekers" community to be honest :D, not that I got offended or anything, I just found the thread googling and felt like giving my 2 cents about it, as I stated in my first post, I'm not a practitioner anymore and I'm not here to advocate, but apparently people starts trolling without reading, so I get your "rough ride" thing pretty clearly now.
    That's good becouse it's not directed at you but rather the style. If you searched Wing or Ving, Chun or Tsun or whatever, you might have found the previous Chun based threads on here. They go back years and are usually very long and whatever it is you've said it's been done a million times on here, years ago, hence why it's unlikely you'll get a serious response to your post.

    Don't take it personally, it's just old news here.
    Ne Obliviscaris

  9. #109
    ermghoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    4,641
    Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by i_mush View Post
    I'm not quite sure of the connection between circles and pussies, mind argue about it :D?
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

  10. #110
    ermghoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    4,641
    Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Page 11 of 12 First ... 789101112 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in