Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2003 4:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its all about mental preparation. Most people get into a fight and almost freeze because their mind has not been prepared for intense emotion. Maturity has a huge amount to do with it. Maturity being the ability to control and withstand your own emotions. Sparring with people you dont know and are "intimidated" by is important. Taking yourself out of your comfort zone on a regular basis.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/15/2003 12:52pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Andrenaline training. Isn't that what all this "model mugging" stuff is all about? Most guys feel they're too "macho" to go through that stuff. I was watching TV the other day and saw that police officers have to go through some of that crap.

Mentality is only part of the problem. Reaction and instinctual reflexes play a good part of things. My friend used to go through black out periods which may be attributed to rage or fear. Both of which do not put you in the proper mind set.

^ew look omega has something non insulting to say. Write it down it doesn't happen to many times.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    6/15/2003 1:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ezactly omega! Everyone says you should train like you fight, and fight like you train and all that ****, but how many people really do it?

You lose about 50% of your fine motor control when adrenaline hits your system. That is why we don't use fancy complicated moves in a fight, be barely have the capacity to to the simple ones well.

And this also goes to the "Fired for defending yourself" threaf. Training to handle your emotions in conflict and still being able to make rational decisions that maximize your safety are really important.

<marquee>Dragon , Snake , Tiger , Leopard , Crane. R.M.F.A.F.T.A.T.! </marquee>

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/15/2003 1:18pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's why I like caveman fighting...

ugh hit

him fall down

me win.

Go away I'm talking to myself