Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2003 11:05am

Style: Aikido and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Honorable Bullshido Masters,".....

Your new here ain't ya......lol.

Well, I know little about Chinese wrestling so I cant really pass comment.

However a friend of mine does so Taiji and the Chia Na he showned me was a little like my aiki stuff and one Judo style throw, it looked like a Tai Otoshi.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/15/2003 1:16pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    either that or the fact that shes a female

Omega the Numchuck Man
    http://www.numchucks.com/
    Ah, Mak...you might want to click on Jen's name and get "her" profile. Then appologize as you remove your foot from your mouth.

Throws, are throws are throws IMHO, I think that Judo and Jujitsu rely too much on Gi work though. I've seen these Shiao Jia (however you spell it), they're like almost dropping guys on there head. More like Greco and freestyle stuff.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2003 2:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shuai Jiao can really be quite nasty, a huge amount of the techniques involve being dropped on the back of the neck, very unpleasant.

I agree with Omega on the point about Gi work, i've noticed that a fair few techniques have entry via the Gi.

Whilst we're on the subject of Chinese grappling, Shaolin DiWen (literally means "knowledge of the ground") is also very effective, i've seen Yanli use this type of grappling at Shaolin Temple UK. The throws range from very elaborate (almost WWF style) to very very very complex manipulations of joints and leverage changing.

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    6/15/2003 3:01pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you guys are funny! my last name is Jen, bro!

wu de, i guess i better go to the gym and exercise my neck or something if i'm going to be dropped on it!

we're going to start working on xing yi "ground dragon" work in my class pretty soon. it looks like we're going to do breakfalls and scuttling around on the ground first. i'll be posting on how that goes.

Jenfucius

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2003 4:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ground Dragon..."DiTi WenGong"?

Some good exercises for your neck. Place you hand palm first onto your forehead and push gently back with your hand, at the same time try and resist moving your head back with your neck muscles. Repeat with the left and right side.

The Swedish do this to reduce the number of car related neck injuries so i hope this will help you against some Shuai Jiao guys.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/15/2003 5:11pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ground Dragon..."DiTi WenGong"?

Some good exercises for your neck. Place you hand palm first onto your forehead and push gently back with your hand, at the same time try and resist moving your head back with your neck muscles. Repeat with the left and right side.

The Swedish do this to reduce the number of car related neck injuries so i hope this will help you against some Shuai Jiao guys.

Heh, like I said more like greco and freestyle stuff.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Taking a break

Posted On:
    6/15/2003 5:20pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Skummer is right. There is no difference between chin na in Taiji and almost all the locks and throws in aikido. the only difference is the way they are emphasised in training.
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12