Posted On:
    6/14/2003 2:23am

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol....

"Wrestling is the Martial Art of America";
    "If you don't know how to wrestle you don't know how to fight, that's the prerequisite to fighting" David Tank Abbott
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2003 2:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fun fact, after six months of training, the state of Tennessee considers a person an "expert" in the field of unarmed and armed combat. Thus, off duty police, military and any serious martial artist gets classified as an "expert". Next fun fact is that "experts" are judged more harshly under the law, it being considered within their abilities to end a confrontation with less damage done than non-experts in the same case. Man tries to knife Joe Smith and Joe beats him half to death, justifiable self-defense. Man tries to knife my kick boxing ex-Marine friend and gets beaten half to death, friend goes away for felony assualt due to his training.

At Eastern Kentucky University the police are run through a program based heavily on Aikido. At state run counsiling programs your run through a bi-yearly program that will get you killed by anyone over 120lbs. that wants you to use pushes into a wall to imoblize and body weight to drag people down and tie up their limbs, same program is tought to some TN police at the same time. So really, it varies.

Posted On:
    6/14/2003 2:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hehe. Laws vary greatly...

"Wrestling is the Martial Art of America";
    "If you don't know how to wrestle you don't know how to fight, that's the prerequisite to fighting" David Tank Abbott
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2003 3:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my eyes if someone is insulting your family/girlfriend/wife whatever, you should be able to hurt them

Train to Fight and put everything into it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2003 3:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    people are allowed to get away with too much

Train to Fight and put everything into it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2003 3:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If someone pushes me and I decapitate them with my flying guillotine, is that considered self-defense in California? Anybody know?

Or, let's just pretend and say somebody had already pushed me, and I had already decapitated them with my flying guillotine, and I decided to hide the body because I was afraid the police might find it and get the "wrong idea," but then they found it anyway, could I still justify my actions as self-defense?

"My kung fu is better than your kung fu! Ha! I know Ling Tiger style!"

- English guy dubbing old kung fu movie

Edited by - Mr.Thithy on June 14 2003 03:35:15

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/14/2003 11:50am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well here in American you are supposed to run and the only way it is self defense is if your in a corner or theres NO WAY you can run. America has TERRIBLE self defense laws
    (before I rip into you, rememberrrrr...humourrrr.)

Wow some more comments from the peanut gallery. Let me elaborate here. Each state has different criteria for self-defense. The two main interpetations are what I call the "Flee" defense, and the "no-retreat" state.

Flee defense (much too wordy for my lazy ass to put here), says you must attempt to flee before you defend youself. On an extreme point (two states interpet this law as such), after attempting to flee the person must've made physical contact with you before you're allowed to defend yourself. You can only use enough force to allow yourself to flee again.<<<<This is stupid I will never move to these states.

"No retreat"; if at any point you feel that your life or somebody else's life is in danger from physical harm you are allowed to use "reasonable" force. Reasonable force is interpeted as the same amount of force any other reasonable person who is placed in that situation would use. (BTW this is not a direct quote, I didn't feel like looking it up).

Other states vary between these laws. My response? No witnessess, somebody's going to get beat down ugly.

heh.

Go away I'm talking to myself

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    6/14/2003 12:19pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fall down in the fetal position and cry like a baby.

--A poor band player I was, but now I am crocodile king. --
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    6/14/2003 7:03pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my eyes if someone is insulting your family/girlfriend/wife whatever, you should be able to hurt them
    If they're just insulting, are they really a threat? If they're a threat, take em out, but if not, who cares.

And if you feel really threatened, just kick some ass.
    It's better to be judged by 12 good men than be carried by 6 grieving friends.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2003 8:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok well back to my original comment...want to hear some ideas.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast