Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2003 2:44pm

Style: Aikido and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont think anyone suggested the use of Shihonage against a jab. That would just be dumb, I suggesting Shihonage as a take down, not as defence against a jab.

I've been looking into defences against jabs with a mate that does boxing, a lot of the time they just dont work. Practice makes perfect.......

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2003 4:17pm

Style: Shou Shu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have to agree there; it's almost impossible to use wrist locks against somebody whom can fight a bit. Might be able to catch some punk by surprise though.
    Small joint manipulation is bad anyways when you need to react quickly. That's why it's better to go for something big, like the elbow or shoulder.

Can't say that it'll always work, but it's helped.

My skill with a sword is formidable. My skill with the s-word is flat-out lethal.

Posted On:
    6/14/2003 4:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "So many takedowns to learn, so little time." Yeah true, but you only need to know and be good at a few basics, no ned to knwo all of them necessarily - especially for MMA.

"Wrestling is the Martial Art of America";
    "If you don't know how to wrestle you don't know how to fight, that's the prerequisite to fighting" David Tank Abbott
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Posted On:
    6/14/2003 4:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    less than that, 5 or maybe less I was thinking: double, single, from clinch...

"Wrestling is the Martial Art of America";
    "If you don't know how to wrestle you don't know how to fight, that's the prerequisite to fighting" David Tank Abbott
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234