Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/13/2003 6:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What are your favourite takedowns that actually work in a sparring situation? If you're going to use terminology then please explain it, here are some of mine:

The Salto: where you get double overhooks and then arch over backwards throwing your opponent over your body. I find this useful because I often get double overhooks from the tie up.

Hip Swing: you get a body lock on the other guy and then lift him, next you swing his body until it's more or less parallel to the ground and then slam him.

Double Leg: if anybody wants this explaining, I'll have a go, but I expect most of you know what one is.

Front Head and arm to ground: not sure of any technical names, but basically you have them in a front head and arm position and then you use it to pull them to the floor. You can then take their back or something.

AKAKTK

Posted On:
    6/13/2003 8:41am

Style: Liu Seong Gung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    puter kepala-drop his wrist and reach to hook the back of his neck(yin). execute palm change coiling and embrace the sphere to 'windmill' him. drop him to the ground, use knee interruption, or drop him into the breaking horse.

entering horse- as he advances or stays stationary, step in behind one leg as you strike high and 'separate' him. with the leg blocked low and the head driven back high, he will fall backwards. a slight twist of the waist is used to draw him off base and into the spiral down. i believe this is called sumi otoshi(corner drop), also aiki otoshi. in kuntao you blast in very tight, using your thighs and hips to 'uproot' him, while striking up top to drive his head back.

peace.

<marquee>REDANTKUNTAO</marquee>
    <marquee> INDONESIAN GUNG FU</marquee>
  3. 9chambers

Posted On:
    6/13/2003 9:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phil,

Your standard wrestling hip toss is one I used a lot to restrain kids while I worked at a reform school. We weren't allowed to slam them. It's likes this:

Folkstyle Wrestling Hip Toss:

You get their back (drag an arm or something) then wrap their waist with your arms. Hold it in position without really lifting them. Then swivel your hips and step into them, driving the side of your hip forward into their butt pushing their legs out from under them. Hold on as you control their fall and get the rear mount. Pin their arms to their sides and that is the restraint. You could go to a rear naked, slam their head into the ground or whatever if you wanted.

NOTE: This is my version of our basic TCI Intervention restraint. It's not the one advocated by the program. They just wrap the waist and fall to their knees. I incorporated the wrestling hip toss because it works on people who outweigh you. I used it on kids that were bigger than I was when I wanted to be sure they were going down.

Edited by - 9chambers on June 13 2003 09:08:18

Posted On:
    6/13/2003 9:25am

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Double leg

single leg

failing that double underhooks then sweep or haul down (slam.)

"Wrestling is the Martial Art of America";
    "If you don't know how to wrestle you don't know how to fight, that's the prerequisite to fighting" David Tank Abbott

Edited by - Blade Windu on June 13 2003 09:26:48
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/13/2003 10:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    9chambers, yeah, that sounds good. I'm going to try that next time I remember. I don't always slam people, but I prefer to use takedowns where I have the option to slam.

Blade, my single legs are shite :) They need work. That said, I manage to do them okay once I'm on the ground, but I can't pull them off from standing yet. I'll see if I can get someone to teach me on monday.

Posted On:
    6/13/2003 10:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah i guess my single legs are pretty ****, I can only pull off the other two decently..

"Wrestling is the Martial Art of America";
    "If you don't know how to wrestle you don't know how to fight, that's the prerequisite to fighting" David Tank Abbott
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Posted On:
    6/13/2003 11:03am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    -double leg take down for some good ole GnP
    -or jump on their head and drag them down by the ears (WORKS ALL THE TIME!!! :) )
    -single leg pick up leg and lift as high as possible at the same time hooking their other leg and pushing HARD!!!
    :)

"yeah i guess my single legs are pretty ****, I can only pull off the other two decently.."
    lol

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/13/2003 12:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ankle picks work well for me. If th opponent moves his leg back as you ankle pick him... hang on for the low single.

Posted On:
    6/13/2003 12:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the salto's kinda risky ins't it? u invest ur energy just for show...I rather do the lateral drop, cuz the over under is easier to get than the double over/unders. i dont know how u get the double over/hunders unles ur opponents dont know how to pummel.

and the throw itself has a higher sucess rate. and it hurts.

double legs are good too. i wish i coudl lift ppl fluently like rampage or hughes tho.

Do Be Open-minded
    Don't Be Gullible

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/13/2003 1:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess the salto is kind of risky, but if it's there...
    I don't get double overs from pummelling as such, I normally get them from trapping the opponents punches when he's in close (or something). It's me who's not very good at pummelling (yet, I'm pretty new to it).
    I haven't experimented with lateral drops yet, but I definitely will.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast