Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Obviously most guys here don't know Hung Gar Kung Fu"
    i know of it quite well.....
    some info at www.fightauthority.com

interesting but it doesn't seem to suit my style
    you know of any good schools in TO?

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    6/13/2003 11:28am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Weng Chun is a complete martial system which doesn't have to be completed by other martial arts because it is complete. If you don't believe me contact Hoffmann.
    ( Hoffmann is Grandmaster andholder of lineage of Weng Chun and he is master in Hung Gar Kung Fu , Fu Tai Chi Chuan , Dragon Kung Fu , Shaolin Qi gong and so on ..... ).
    Hmm...If its a complete "style" then why does Hoffmann practice so many other styles as well? If its complete wouldn't everything necessary and practical already be in it. Anything added by these additional styles would then logically be superfulous and detract from his abilities.

(sorry folks had to pull a semi-Kungfools on this one)

My single chopstick is bad at serving soup, cutting steaks and basting roasts and chickens. Besides that it owns.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/13/2003 11:41am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tiger of Shaolin- I'm not sure where to begin. There are a lot of politics in Wing Chun. People like you just add fuel to the fire.

"Obviously most guys here don't know Hung Gar Kung Fu .But it's surely better than WT , i myself have had sparring with some WT guys nd they all lost to me."---This just indicates to me that you're a fucking moron. Hey...I sparred with a German guy yesterday, he lost to me, German's can't fight! And I like the way you assume none of us know anything about Hung Gar.

The other thing that is funny is is that your lineage has a shitload of Grandmasters...including that Hoffman fellow. Doesn't this strike you as kind of weird?

And I saw the videos....not very impressive.

But heh...thanks for your insight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/13/2003 12:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Rising Phoenix. It's been a while since I've been sore. I didn't think I'd get sore from MT since I do BJJ 3-4 times a week without getting sore anymore. I have to tell you I'm hurting today, but it feels great!
    Just curious... how'd this discussion go from MT and boxing to WT and hung gar? lol

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/13/2003 1:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay i don't want to add fuel to the fire stop that stupid discussion we are here to discuss about choosing boxing or Muay Thai.
    Stop it.

Posted On:
    6/13/2003 3:16pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    " I didn't think I'd get sore from MT since I do BJJ 3-4 times a week without getting sore anymore."
    use some lubricating oils to get out of holds easier, ask Wastrel or Anthony A for the brands they use
    :)

--
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    6/13/2003 4:25pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Okay i don't want to add fuel to the fire stop that stupid discussion we are here to discuss about choosing boxing or Muay Thai.
    Stop it."

You started it.

God, I've been reduced to trolling.

My single chopstick is bad at serving soup, cutting steaks and basting roasts and chickens. Besides that it owns.

***ned

Posted On:
    6/13/2003 4:37pm

supporting member
     Style: i

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ASTROGLIDE!!!11!!!1

~
    danny

"All this talk about 'newbies' is making me a little nervous. You guys don't have any sort of secret hazing initiation involving wooden paddles and me screaming 'Thank you sir, may I have another?!' do you?"

Posted On:
    6/13/2003 4:46pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hahah, and there are times you just some more "friction" for those special grappling moments

--
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234