Sponsored Links Spacer Image

***ned

Posted On:
    6/10/2003 7:14pm

supporting member
     Style: i

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Finals man. Finals. I'm running on 2 hours of sleep here....in the past 48 hours.

~
    danny

"All this talk about 'newbies' is making me a little nervous. You guys don't have any sort of secret hazing initiation involving wooden paddles and me screaming 'Thank you sir, may I have another?!' do you?"

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    6/10/2003 7:53pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn, Anthony, I love that quote in your sig.

"Oh ****, it was the other Osiris, The Wastrel." -- patfromlogan
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2003 7:57pm

Style: Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most of the women I've known that have been serious into martial arts don't want special treatment and generally dislike it. They've gotten past any blushing etc, when working with guys(some never did have a problem). I've noticed that women who are just starting sometimes have problems with grappling etc. Those people if treated nicely and fairly will probably soon get over any feeling of embarrisement and will become competent practioners.

Basically if they're competent, then treat and respect them as their competency level suggests.

While I'm certainly not qualified to speak on what exactly women think of grappling men, I feel that having gone to a school that did a large amount of grappling and also had a fair amount of women practioners(from overly aggressive women, to women that had been raped and were taking the class to avoid it again, to the girl next door) gives me a decent perspective on the situation.

Wyatt

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/10/2003 8:13pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JKDCHICK,

Just call me "Land Shark"! =o)

==================
    "When we go to the ground, you are in my world. The ground is the ocean, I am the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim." RCJ Machado
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/10/2003 8:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm gonna actually ask Rorion to officially nickname me that. I'll even take Land Whale. hehe

==================
    "When we go to the ground, you are in my world. The ground is the ocean, I am the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim." RCJ Machado
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    6/10/2003 8:28pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, figuring out how hard to go when grappling with women is hard.

There is a high ranking woman about my age at the center I'm at. For the last few months she's been talking about how she thinks she'll be able to beat some of the instructors soon.

We don't have any dodgy instructors, they can all kick my ass. And none of the non-black belts present any sort of challenge to me.

This woman trains hard and based on what she'd been saying I figured she must be damn good. So when I rolled with her, I went harder than I normally would with a female.

I made her tap 3 times in a few minutes and choked her hard on the last one (because she told me after the first couple of chokes, that she was okay with it)

She ran off crying. I felt really bad.
    I talked to her after class and she admitted that she hadn't ever had anyone go at her that hard, so she had a false sense of how good she was - and to be honest, I was still just messing around, and not using much of my strength.

--------
    El Guapo says, ""You can buy muscles, but you can't buy COJONES!"
    --------
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/10/2003 8:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If im gona grapple with a woman its gona be neckid

Posted On:
    6/10/2003 8:40pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Too bad RCJ machado doesn't exist!!

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    6/10/2003 8:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The two women I've rolled with... one was okay with me beating her (she's really small) and the other one has GREAT technique (and is a blue belt) and naturally owned me. I got no problem losing to a girl at all. I knew I'd be owned (and still am) but I learn all the time. Hell, one guy told me how to escape a mount when he mounted me! (after asking if I knew what to do)

Though, all the girls I'm with are rather small =\. I'd just like to roll with someone as tall as me - no other skinny 6 foot dudes.

Oh, Jkdchick - I don't know how one could sprout wood on the mat. Otherwise I... get them when I want them AND when I dont. Hell, once I did a mind experiment and TRIED to get aroused. didn't happen :p The woman wasn't that unattractive either. Ah well, I suppose the whole grappling thing ruins the mood.

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/10/2003 9:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Too bad RCJ machado doesn't exist!!

http://www.machadojj.com/

It doesn't?

hehe

==================
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast