OOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOO
    !!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on behalf of PizDoff, because he asked so sweetly.

Edited by - Fighty McGee on June 07 2003 15:36:13

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/06/2003 2:28pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice article

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    6/06/2003 2:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    6/06/2003 2:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, such a credible source.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    6/06/2003 2:56pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting article but the Japanese Black Belt did not come over from Japan to challenge Bruce. Bruce was doing a presentation at the University of Washington when someone who has a black belt in a Japanese form of Karate challenged him. they then went to a squash court to fight and Bruce took him out in seconds.

Posted On:
    6/06/2003 2:58pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    where did the rest of my post go? Anyway Bruce was doing a presentation at the university of washington when he was still a student when a person with a black belt in Japanese Karate challenged him. They went to a squash court and Bruce chain punched him into oblivion in seconds.

Posted On:
    6/06/2003 8:52pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you said that!
    :)

heheh

stupid Fighty
    article should be checked for grammer and spelling mistakes.....

too much Bruce Lee loving....makes me sick

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.

"in final closing look yourselves in the mirror and you might see yourself." Posted by big buck - June 05 2003
    Last edited by PizDoff; 12/06/2004 3:26am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2003 9:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi everyone, I've been reading these forums since the very first days of McDojo, but just never felt compelled to go through the hassle of registering until now.

Wastrel, I can fully and totally understand why you call "the source," as you put it, into question. I mean afterall, the picture does look goofy and most times this type of parlar trick is indicative of a hoax.

However, I can assure you after training with Mr. Strong, that he I trust him 100%. I put my trust in him for two reasons:

1. He has long been a friend and guest of my school, and I have spent time both training and talking with him. During this time, I have generally found him to be one of the nicest and genuine people I have ever met.

2. After training with him, seeing the concepts he relates, practicing those concepts, and applying those concepts, I know they work. In the picture above there is a person using a tan sao. This person cannot be moved by the force of two other people. I have done that. I have been the one pushing on Mr. Strong's arm. We never went as far as to have anyone stand on a ball, but we played with the trick for a few minutes. I know that no one could move my structure (or arm) that pushed on it, and I know that even though I pushed as hard as I can, I could not move anyone elses.

I think that Mr. Strong is one of the untapped resources of the JKD and martial arts community, and I respect him entirely.

So, no offense Wastrel, I consider msyelf a Skeptic (hell I subscribed to the magazine for a while ;)) and I just thought I would share my experience.

Posted On:
    6/06/2003 10:15pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He can't be moved because the exercise is designed that way. It's a silly waste of time.

So is writing necrophiliac articles on Bruce Lee.

That said, it's very possible that he is a competent fighter and instructor. Many usually decent worthwhile people do silly things. I play computer games sometimes. That's pretty silly. I took baths with my dog when he was a puppy. That's pretty silly.

I can show you that an Olympic powerlifter can hold a raw egg in his hand and squeeze with all his might, and still be unable to break it...if you hold it the right way. It has nothing to do with "chi energy".

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast