I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    12/16/2004 8:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrimbo Slice
    wikipedia is now a valid source of information?
    From what I've seen, they do a pretty decent job.

Know what I mean->

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml...do&redirect=no
    Last edited by Kungfoolss; 12/16/2004 8:32pm at .
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Posted On:
    12/16/2004 9:20pm

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If i remembered only those of Minaoto lineage can be bestowed the title of "Shogun"(full name: Seii Taishōgun ) by the Emperor
    I think you mean Minamoto, minato was never a power wielding clan-family in the national sense. and it wasn't just the Minamoto, the Japanese had dynasties. The Minamoto came to power during the Genpei wars, when they defeated their rivals the Taira clan in 1185. They yeilded their power to the Ashikagas who later on yielded the reins to the shugo-daimyo.

My understanding of Japanese history was that the Emperor reigned as a divine figurehead while the Shogun actually commanded the military power, and thereby truly ruled the country.
    the emperor reigned, but he did not rule. the emperor's power pretty much ended with the yamato clans rulership. From then on the family-clans held power. Clans like the Fujiwara, practiced marriage politics to become regents and keep the emperors too young to actually weild power. The Shoguns always were the power holders in Japan. The only exception was Emperor Godaigo's 'restoration', which attempted to establish an emperial rulership, but failed miserably with the Ashikaga usurping power from him.

From which kenshin totally flipped out and killed everyone...
    God, stop watching anime you twat. OR at least don't quote it as some kind of historical precedent, as if you had some kind of real knowledge on the subject....
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

Bonta-kun

Posted On:
    12/16/2004 9:32pm

Style: fumoffu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jubei33
    I think you mean Minamoto, minato was never a power wielding clan-family in the national sense. and it wasn't just the Minamoto, the Japanese had dynasties. The Minamoto came to power during the Genpei wars, when they defeated their rivals the Taira clan in 1185. They yeilded their power to the Ashikagas who later on yielded the reins to the shugo-daimyo.
    If there is something unique about Japanese political culture,it is this thing known as 'branch family',just like kyokushin with IKO1 as main,and IKO2 and IKO3 and others as branches~~~
    Ashikaga family is a branch family of Minamoto,and other family branches out fomr it:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashikaga_clan
    If i am not wrong there is a Japanese PM Hosokawa Morihiro who came from the Hosokawa family,which cam from Ashikaga family,which is a branch from Minamoto~~
    Other Minamoto branches are Tokugawa(who established the last bakufu in Japan),Takeda family of Kai etc.~~~
    More about Minamoto clan:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minamoto
    Last edited by liuzg150181; 12/16/2004 9:41pm at .
    "People think that judo is only unarmed combat - but you are never unarmed when you can hit someone with a planet. "
    - Uncyclopedia entry on Judo

Posted On:
    12/17/2004 11:44am

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes this is true, but only in the respect that third cousins are considered family. Furthermore, all families claimed lineage from the Yamato (emperor's) line and because of the system of marriage pollitics this is for most circumstances true. The branch family was system of politics and alliance and not necessarily of actual blood relations.
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567