218358 Bullies, 5221 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 111 to 120 of 124
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Kungfoolss is offline

    I restore the Balance

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Sunny Hawaii
    Posts
    4,972

    Posted On:
    6/08/2003 4:54pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course you are correct Kung Fools that Peterson does not explicitly say that his system is still officially being used by the Seals, he has to my knowledge never admitted otherwise leaving his advertisement readers with this impression. I strongly disagree with your assessment of Jeremy, but chalk it up to your tendency to describe people in such a fashion.
    Sam, if you never ask the question, you can't receive the appropriate answer. That is hardly SICS or Mr. Peterson's failing, but the fault of the consumer. As for mig, the idiot savant, we will have to agree to disagree. In any event, moron's such as he are a dime a dozen on the net, he's hardly worth mentioning.

    I would appreciate it if you could cut and paste your analysis of the Duane Dieter COI over onto your section. That would enable the computer illiterate such as myself to read this writeup without having to navigate Delphi.
    I don't believe that's the appropriate venue. I'm not here to promote my forum at the expense of Bullshido.

    PS. If you take a statement out of context, that's a blunder. Spinning the fact after you get caught, that's cowardice. Just my views.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena
  2. Sam Browning is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    9,845

    Posted On:
    6/08/2003 9:13pm

    hall of famestaff
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well Kungfools as you would say:

    (Chuckles)

    I have never asked Peterson himself about the issue of when and whether the Seals phased out Scars, however one martial arts video tape reviewer who asked Tim Larkin for such information in the late 1990s couldn't get a straight answer. At the time Larkin was still working for Peterson and could be considered to be acting as his agent. See http://home.att.net/~erik.mann/atas.htm At least this person who tried to obtain such information didn't get very far.

    As far as promoting your own forum, you do so whenever you list its address on the bottom of your posts and we Bullshido members(with one possible exception) aren't upset about that. You have wide latitude in posting in your own Bullshido section and I don't think anyone would mind if you cut and pasted the Duane Dieter material there. I would certainly welcome it.

    BTW I believe its Duane Dieter Close Quarters Defense or (CQD) rather than COI but please tell me if there is something that I am missing. (i.e. his Navy Seals training has a different name then his other system and what the COI acronym stands for)

    I did not take anything out of context. Jeremy and you were having a rather an impolite argument and Jeremy said "Oh yeah SCARS....wow...you mean the **** that the SEALS sponsored for 2 years and then dropped it? That SCARS...Yeah sorry..must have been because I don't give a rat's ass about it." (June 5, 2003: 13:21)

    You replied "Only 2 years? Really? That's news to me. Tell us, where exactly is your documentation or proof?" (June 5, 2003: 13:41)

    Then I chimed in: "Jermy stated the Seals no longer officially use Scars (some individual Seals however, may still study the system) and Kung Fools said "prove it". Then I offered a Bullshido article as proof regarding part of Jeremy's contention. (June 6, 2003: 13:34)

    To my knowledge (since April when I arrived on this board) you had never admitted or stated on this board that the Seals were no longer officially using Scars. I added it in because it was unclear from your own writing if you were unhappy with Jeremy's statement because he said that Scars had only been used for two years or also because he said it was no longer being used.

    Remember you didn't say something like "You're wrong Jeremy, it was actually used for five years" and you did not admit here was no longer being used, so I do not describe my statements as being a blunder and find your attempts to claim that I an spinning or desplaying cowardice to be laughable. (Grins)

    Please write again when you regain your old form at insulting people and making mountains out of molehills.
    (Shakes his head in disbelief)
  3. Kungfoolss is offline

    I restore the Balance

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Sunny Hawaii
    Posts
    4,972

    Posted On:
    6/09/2003 12:39am

    Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have never asked Peterson himself about the issue of when and whether the Seals phased out Scars, however one martial arts video tape reviewer who asked Tim Larkin for such information in the late 1990s couldn't get a straight answer. At the time Larkin was still working for Peterson and could be considered to be acting as his agent. See http://home.att.net/~erik.mann/atas.htm At least this person who tried to obtain such information didn't get very far.
    A worthless site, I checked it out years ago and found little of use there. Just the rants of an insignificant reviewer.

    As far as promoting your own forum, you do so whenever you list its address on the bottom of your posts and we Bullshido members(with one possible exception) aren't upset about that. You have wide latitude in posting in your own Bullshido section and I don't think anyone would mind if you cut and pasted the Duane Dieter material there. I would certainly welcome it.
    A matter of principle.

    BTW I believe its Duane Dieter Close Quarters Defense or (CQD) rather than COI but please tell me if there is something that I am missing. (i.e. his Navy Seals training has a different name then his other system and what the COI acronym stands for)
    Well, that's not exactly correct, according to my official NSWC government documents, dated Thursday, October 29, 1998 4:10 PM, they refer to it as Duane Dieter's CQD, COI, and TTP. Oh, if you're as clever as you seem to claim, I'm sure you can figure out the acronyms for yourself. (Smirks)

    I added it in because it was unclear from your own writing if you were unhappy with Jeremy's statement because he said that Scars had only been used for two years or also because he said it was no longer being used.
    Unhappy? Hardly, but lies and disinformation are something I've come to expect from the ill-informed and ignorant stylist's, however, we as individuals in pursuit of the Truth should not allow such lies to stand.

    Remember you didn't say something like "You're wrong Jeremy, it was actually used for five years" and you did not admit here was no longer being used, so I do not describe my statements as being a blunder and find your attempts to claim that I an spinning or desplaying cowardice to be laughable. (Grins)
    The truth is apparent to any discerning individual, I allow the member audience be the judge.

    Edited by - kungfoolss on June 09 2003 00:48:54
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena
  4. pst is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    281

    Posted On:
    6/09/2003 1:56am


     Style: WC, etc.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phrost,

    I wouldn't mind putting together some Wing Chun info.
  5. Miguksaram is offline
    Miguksaram's Avatar

    Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,528

    Posted On:
    6/09/2003 8:26am

    supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KF,

    Being the "idiot savant" and "moron" that I am (by they way we are a $1.00 a dozen with the modern economy), could you please address the issue of why you felt it was neccessary to post my comments on your forum, without my acknowledgement, and debate me on your forum, without my acknowledgement or presence on your forum, and then, when I did get on your forum to address the issues at hand, since apparently you were too much of a coward to actually address them here in Bullshido, you blocked me from your forum.

    You see I am trying to figure out why such an ultimate, intelligent, well versed, non-systematic martial artist like yourself, would be so....ummmm...so....ummmmm...well so scared to provide facts instead of insults. (Grins, stretches, scratches balls)

    PS-I know you will not trully address the issue directly, but I thought I would at least ask

    Jeremy M. Talbott
    http://www.koreanma.homestead.com/index.html
    http://www.martialscience.homestead.com/home.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...


    SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
  6. Sam Browning is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    9,845

    Posted On:
    6/09/2003 9:12am

    hall of famestaff
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To quote Ronald Reagan, Kung Fools "Well, there you go again" (Smiles)

    I have no problem with the members of this board making their own judgment as to whether I was spinning or lying. I am interested to observe that you did not provide any counter example of having admitted that the Seals no longer officially use Scars ON THIS BOARD during the time I specified. Do you admit via omission that I am correct on this point?

    It too bad that you will not share your knowledge of Duane Dieter's system with us since its one of those rare times that I think many of us would enjoy seeing this art get the full Kung Fools treatment. But if you don't want to share such documents, your loss, we'll have to assume Dieter might (gasp!) have a good system. BTW I do not want to guess what Dieter's acronym's stand for, it's a good way to make a mistake if I am one word off.

    Now as for that reviewer you dislike, I offered his word as evidence concerning the narrow matter of what happens when one asked Scars for certain information at a specific time. I like the guy's reviews, but even if they are "insignificant" they at least show a fact material to this conversation.

    It would be nice if you answered Jeremy's questions. I have been waiting to see your reply myself since I'm sure you will provide a worthy defense of your actions, but perhaps I wait in vain.

    (Shrugs, then writes another annoyingly adoring post to JKD Chick)
  7. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,923

    Posted On:
    6/09/2003 11:59am

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KF,

    Being the "idiot savant" and "moron" that I am (by they way we are a $1.00 a dozen with the modern economy), could you please address the issue of why you felt it was neccessary to post my comments on your forum, without my acknowledgement, and debate me on your forum, without my acknowledgement or presence on your forum, and then, when I did get on your forum to address the issues at hand, since apparently you were too much of a coward to actually address them here in Bullshido, you blocked me from your forum.

    You see I am trying to figure out why such an ultimate, intelligent, well versed, non-systematic martial artist like yourself, would be so....ummmm...so....ummmmm...well so scared to provide facts instead of insults. (Grins, stretches, scratches balls)

    PS-I know you will not trully address the issue directly, but I thought I would at least ask

    Jeremy M. Talbott
    http://www.koreanma.homestead.com/index.html
    http://www.martialscience.homestead.com/home.html
    EW EW, can I translate?

    "You're a fucking dictator with one small nut. This makes you believe that you're still a man, but you've been sodomized so much that you can't believe you didn't already pay for the sex change operation. Why don't you stop acting like Ashida Kim you **** wad?"


    Was that about right?

    Go away I'm talking to myself
  8. Kungfoolss is offline

    I restore the Balance

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Sunny Hawaii
    Posts
    4,972

    Posted On:
    6/09/2003 12:24pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW I do not want to guess what Dieter's acronym's stand for, it's a good way to make a mistake if I am one word off.
    Of course not, regardless of what you may believe, my intention is not to make you appear foolish, I leave you to your own failings. No, my purpose has always been simple, and that is to educate the less knowledgeable among us.


    Now as for that reviewer you dislike, I offered his word as evidence concerning the narrow matter of what happens when one asked Scars for certain information at a specific time. I like the guy's reviews, but even if they are "insignificant" they at least show a fact material to this conversation.
    Yes, seeing as the reviewer has no credentials to speak of, I hardly see the validity in presenting it. Hmmm, you'd make an absolutely poor defense attorney.

    It would be nice if you answered Jeremy's questions. I have been waiting to see your reply myself since I'm sure you will provide a worthy defense of your actions, but perhaps I wait in vain.
    No, I'm afraid I have little time or patience to suffer the stupidity of others. A few members at Bullshido warrant my time, that imbecile thankfully is not one of them.

    PS. This is my last response to your banal and weak arguments.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena
  9. Miguksaram is offline
    Miguksaram's Avatar

    Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,528

    Posted On:
    6/09/2003 12:29pm

    supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "No, I'm afraid I have little time or patience to suffer the stupidity of others."

    I will translate this one Omega.

    Hello, I really don't have a good explaination of why I did what I did. So instead I will just put up an insult and leave it at that.

    "PS. This is my last response to your banal and weak arguments."

    Translation: PS I am really starting to look foolish here so I will just stop replying in hopes that people will forget that I can't answer any of these questions.

    Thank you.



    Jeremy M. Talbott
    http://www.koreanma.homestead.com/index.html
    http://www.martialscience.homestead.com/home.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...


    SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
  10. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,923

    Posted On:
    6/09/2003 12:37pm

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What does b..a..n..a..l... mean?

    Go away I'm talking to myself
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.