Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    6/07/2003 8:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Exactly SB, I never said that SEALs NEVER used and don't use it today. Even my original post said that there may be some people who still PRACTICE it, but SCARS is no longer under contract of the Navy SEALS.

Jeremy M. Talbott
    http://www.koreanma.homestead.com/index.html
    http://www.martialscience.homestead.com/home.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    6/08/2003 12:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe that Kung Fools is trying to argue that since Jeremy was saying that the Seals dropped Scars after a couple of years, and my offer of proof was that the Seals no longer officially use Scars, that my contribution was not "on point". In actuality my contribution was relevent to one half of Jeremy's argument, that the Seals no longer officially use Scars, regardless of the precise number of years they utilized it.
    Very good Sam, you hit it right on the button, you goofed, but you caught your blunder. When mental mites such as mig, state erroneous information, I tend to question them on it, it casts a shadow of doubt and a fragility over the rest of their arguments. He's a full-time BS'er.

Sam, nobody associated with our system has ever stated it was still the Official system utilized by the Naval Special Warfare Command. If you want to know which system is, it's the Duane Dieter COI. Which is a laughable system, I conducted a short analysis of it at my forum a year earlier, gathering much of my research from Official government NSWC documents I obtained through the FOIA request forms (not some stupid phone number posted by some message forum idiot) and because it was featured in a National publication, I plan on doing a follow up piece sometime in the future.

I hope this tiny bit of information helps.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Posted On:
    6/08/2003 11:47am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok ok, I'm back. I was actually in Vegas for a few days to catch the UFC among a few other things.

Anyway, I was thinking that the TMA forum is underutilized as it is, so wouldn't it be the best place for those discussions?

I could create another forum for this though, so since this is a group project you guys make the call.

Posted On:
    6/08/2003 12:35pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course you are correct Kung Fools that Peterson does not explicitly say that his system is still officially being used by the Seals, he has to my knowledge never admitted otherwise leaving his advertisement readers with this impression. I strongly disagree with your assessment of Jeremy, but chalk it up to your tendency to describe people in such a fashion. I would appreciate it if you could cut and paste your analysis of the Duane Dieter COI over onto your section. That would enable the computer illiterate such as myself to read this writeup without having to navigate Delphi.

Posted On:
    6/08/2003 12:48pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Additionally I do not see the blunder in my June 6, 2003 13:34 post. I supported one of several points in Jeremy's post. I do not have to comment on each and every one of the different issues he raised to submit evidence that supports one of his contentions. there was no blunder on my part.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2003 1:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can give you good amount of info on origin of Karate so let me know

Working my way back to health

Posted On:
    6/08/2003 3:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Injury magnet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is there anything those of us with little to no knowledge of artsand history can do to contribute?

"My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right."
    Ashleigh Brilliant

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2003 3:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phrost,
    If we use the TMA forums, it might be a good idea to have a signifier for which threads are the BS-Project ones and which are just BSing to avoid thread corruption and general confusion.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    6/08/2003 3:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Poet, those who have little or no knowledge would be some of the best posters of all, if you are willing to do the research. Since some of us will be posting history, those who are lacking could do some research and see if what you find matches up with what you read. Always question what we post if you find something to the contrary. That way we can look at what you found and either correct what we post or explain why that take on history may be wrong. This would keep us on our toes.

Jeremy M. Talbott
    Jeremy M. Talbott

"Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    6/08/2003 3:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KF,

I posted a REAL phone number to an actual Military office. People can hear first hand what I have already told them. What have you provided to the contrary?

Taken from the SCARS site:

"The first officially approved hand to weapons system ever to set the standards and issue credentials of certification as a subject matter expert in Hand-to-Hand and Hand-to-Weapons combat to the United States Navy SEAL Teams, and Special Operations Forces. ARMY, NAVY, AIRFORCE, MARINES."

So prior to SCARS, SEALs were on there own in h2h combat? You see there were other systems prior to that. The late Michael Echanis taught Hwarangdo to Spec Ops this included SEALs and Rangers. However, there was no "certification" ever done. The quote above has you mislead that SCARS is still taught to the SEALs. My post specifically stated that there may be people who still practice it, but it is not and official program of the SEALs.

"Why do so many marketers claim their fighters have trained the SEALs?

Because the acronym SEAL is generic. It is like Cop or Fireman. Marketers can safely use SEALs in their advertisements without having to worry about being sued. If any SEAL has wandered into any of these phony's studios or if they were contracted for some short term training by the SEALs for evaluation purposes these guys can use it in their ads....."

This is EXACTLY what happened with SCARS. They had an evaluation period of a couple of years and then it was dropped. If it went beyond an evaluation period, it would still be taught today.

KF, don't bother replying with more insults. All it does is makes your weak replies even more weak. You are closed minded and frankly You are piss poor rep for SCARS. Once someone calls you on your bullshit you do nothing but insult and dance around issues or draw ridiculous conclusions. You still haven't explained to the folks about stealing posts and deleting me from your forum when I called you on that bs. I would recommend that if people want information on SCARS they talk to TRUTH. At least he explains his point and provides some more insight.

Jeremy M. Talbott
    Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213 LastLast